Ch8

I have made the wonderful realization that first person POV is easier for me to write

I have also realized that it's easier if the mystery voice is bold italics and Harry is normal italics so sorry for the confusion

I also edited everything yay!

Now enjoy the story :)

Draco POV

I'm an idiot.

How could I have thought Harry would ever trust me? That's right, I didn't think. Why did I even offer him a truce? I should have just gave him detention and moved on. And how could I have said "If there was any way I could show how I feel for you, I would gladly do it"? That made me sound like a schoolgirl with a crush. Merlin, I messed up.

Harry will never trust me. Not as long as I'm Draco Malfoy, son of a Death Eater, Harry Potter's nemesis, and a Slytherin.

Stupid house stereotypes.

Not watching where I was going, I walked straight into a wall. I screamed in rage and punched it, thinking about how incredibly stupid I was.

I punched the wall a few more times, until my knuckles split open. My eyes were burning, and I was trying hard not to cry. I shouldn't be getting so worked up over this. It's just Potter, stupid Potter with his scar and broomstick...

To my horror I felt a tear slide down my cheek. Malfoy's don't feel, Malfoy's don't feel, Malfoy's don't feel... The words my father had drilled into me at a young age rang in my head.

Well, I can't just turn off my feelings Father... I thought to myself, as I broke into sobs, lying in the same position Harry-no,Potter was in only a few nights before.

And that was how Harry Potter found me.

Harry POV

You messed up.

I couldn't help but agree.

I had messed up. I had messed up big time, and I wasn't sure if I was going be able to fix it. On second thought, did I really want to fix things with Draco?

You obviously care for him, seeing that you called him Draco. Besides, befriending a Malfoy would definitely be for the best, especially in these times. Nice to know you are a supporter of Voldemort. Call him the Dark Lord. I'll call him whatever I want, thank you very much. I'm not taking orders from a voice in my head.

I decided, against my better judgement, to try to find Draco. If I was being honest, I rather enjoyed Draco's company. And I also didn't want to go back to fighting. Yep. That was definitely the only reason why I wanted to apologize. Just wanted to avoid conflict.

If that's what helps you sleep at night, then sure. You are not helpful at all. I'm not trying to be. Harry scowled, then tried to think of what he should say.

I'm sorry won't cut it, he's a Malfoy. He did say that he would do anything to show how he feels for me, but what does that mean? Does Draco have a crush on me? Why does everything have to be so complicated?

I stopped when I heard faint sobs. Curious, I walked towards it and saw Draco, curled up on the ground, quietly sobbing into his knees.

I just stared at the boy in front of me. I had never seen this side of Draco before, and I doubted anyone had. And the way he was acting back in the room of requirement, that wasn't like him at all. The person I didn't trust was Malfoy, Slytherin Prince and bully. This was Draco, the sweet Slytherin who gave me a hug and wanted to be my friend. I could trust Draco.

Next thing I knew, I was walking towards him, and I was hugging him like he had hugged me that night in the fluxweed. "I'm sorry, I know I messed up, and I think we should try this again." Draco leaned into me, crying even more. "I'm just so scared, because He's at my house, and my father told me I would be getting the mark next summer, and I don't want the mark." I picked him up and carried him back to the room of requirement, and by then he had stopped crying.

"Malfoy's aren't supposed to feel... " he whispered, visibly shaking. I hugged him and said "It's ok to cry, everyone breaks down at some point, what matters is that you pick yourself up and keep moving." He nodded, and we sat there in silence for a long time, watching the fire.

Finally, he looked at me and stuck out his hand. "Hello, I'm Draco Malfoy, will you be my friend?" I smiled, and shook his hand. "I'm Harry Potter, and I would love to."

hello again

homework is awful as always

I made this chapter pretty long I'm proud of myself yay

my friend had a birthday party and we played laser tag like 20 times and tbh I got more exercise from that party than from any of my PE classes and that's saying something since I run 2 1/2 miles very Wednesday 

I'm very happy bc I do color guard w/ my friend and she bought gloves but they were too big for her so she let me try them on and they fit! so now I get to keep them! yay! seriously they are awesome and help so much bc the rifle and flag hurt ask anyone who does color guard they will know the struggle

also 400 reads?! holy frick! we were at 200 only a week ago! how did that number double?! but seriously thank you guys! wow!

i don't have anything else to say

bye i guess