Ch9

sorry this came about a week late but it's finally here 

also i still have no clue what im doing so yay

Harry POV

Over the next few weeks, Harry began to speak with Draco more and more. As they talked, they slowly began realizing how well they fit together, and Harry had wished they had become friends earlier.

When they talked, they never spoke about Voldemort. They tried to talk about light things, such as how Umbridge, (or as Draco had taken to calling her, Umbitch) was being awful in class today, or about how Draco had gotten a better grade in potions because Snape liked Draco better, or how the Weasley twins had turned Professor Flitwick's hair neon orange. Both of them didn't want to talk about the dangers outside the castle, and wanted to enjoy this peace while it lasted.

But Harry couldn't help wonder about what was wrong with him. He had already figured out he was a freak, but this ultra powerful magic he didn't seem to have control over, along with a cruel voice in his head? Definitely freakish. And worst of all, he could feel his magic getting stronger. It felt like there was something restraining him, holding him back, and it was breaking away. It felt like a barrier was dissolving inside him, making his stronger. He knew he had felt it before, somewhere, not too log ago, but he couldn't quite remember where. 

He thought about telling Draco about the voice, the voice who was his enemy but yet a constant friend, who would help him with his everyday issues but at the same time insult both his friends and Harry himself, telling him that they just wanted to get close to him because of his fame, and how he was a worthless freak who was just lucky. Harry already knew he was a freak, but he still wanted the voice out. But he couldn't help but remember when he had tried to tell Hermione. He thought that it was just a coincidence. But the more he thought about it, the more the awful pain at that moment seemed like more then just an accident.

It had felt like he was driving, and someone hiding in  the back seat had tried to take control. And it had worked, only for a few seconds and through excruciating pain,but it had worked, because he could remember the sudden loss of control and his voice telling her that he was fine, almost calling her mudblood but catching himself at the last moment. The question was, who was in the back seat, and why had then only appeared now? 

I'm sorry for taking over your body. But I had to.

Harry stopped. He set down his quill, leaving his unfinished astronomy homework on the table, and walked up to his dorm, ignoring Ron's questioning. He didn't want to alert Ron that anything was wrong.

Why did you take over my body in the first place?

I didn't want anyone to know about me. If you had told anyone, Dumbledore would have found out.

Why don't you want Dumbledore finding out? You aren't a Death Eater, aren't you?

Don't be silly. I don't want Dumbledore to find out because then he'll try to get rid of me.

Would that be such a bad thing?  You are awfully rude.

Yes, it would, because I'm a part of you, a part of your very being, your soul, and we can't be separated. 

So what does that mean?

He would kill us.

Oh.

Harry was silent for a while, thinking.

You have to trust me, Harry.

I don't even know who you are.