Chapter 8

It was getting late.
I headed up to take a shower, I asked Katniss if she wanted to come, but she said she'd rather read. I was a bit upset, but went for my shower anyway.
I let the warm water relax me.
I switched the warm water off and I stepped out of the shower.

I decided I'd get out and climb into bed naked, that'll teach Katniss for having better things to do.

I walked out, my plan was going well, but I stopped at the sight of Katniss, she was wearing lingerie. "Hey Peeta" she whispers.
Oh.
My.
God.

"Hi Katniss" I said trying to keep cool.

Don't look at her body. Look at her face. Look at her face, not her body. I still couldn't resist having the odd peek though.

Katniss frowns at my reaction. She gets up and walks over to me.
Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Why did she have to look so good. And me being naked obviously wasn't helping.

She walked behind me and wrapped her arms around me. God I wish she'd stop teasing me.

She stood on her tip-toes and whispered in my ear "You know, there's a lovely double bed over there, we might as well use it"

Oh.
Oh.
Oh.

Katniss wasn't teasing me, she was serious, I turned her round to face me

"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Are you 100% sure, I don't want you to feel forced into anything"

"Does this answer your question" she said placing her lips upon mine, she gradually deepened the kiss.
"Forever and Always" she mumbled

"Forever and Always" I repeated lifting her up and placing her on the bed.

She put her arms round my neck dragging me closer to her, she kissed me, making it more and more passionate my the minute. When she finally had to break off the kiss for air I slowly started to trail kisses down her body, first her check, then her jaw, her neck, her collarbone and finally just above her left breast.

She moaned with pleasure. "If this hurts in the slightest, let me know and I'll stop right away"

I quickly slipped myself inside her
I groaned just as she brought her lips to mine.

I supported myself with my right elbow as I gently took my left hand and swiped a bit of hair out of her eyes.

And that's when things really started.

We kept going until we'd both reached are climax.

Katniss looked amazing in her lingerie, which was currently on the floor, she looks even more amazing now, wearing nothing.

I reluctantly pulled out, I kissed her gently, but passionately, my hand stroking the small of her back. "I love you" I mumbled.

"Forever and Always" she whispered.

After cuddling for a while we slowly fell asleep.

I had a dream though, I was me, not me now, 15 year old me.
15 year old me who used to stare at Katniss Everdeen in class, or as she was walking home. The 15 year old kid who used to almost cry every night, knowing she's the one, but yet she'd never noticed me.

I wake and I'm back to present me.
The one Katniss Everdeen did notice, the one who's dating her, the one who's sleeping in the same bed as her. The one who just made love to her.

And so I realised there's only one thing missing, I need to ask Katniss to marry me.

Katniss was talking in her sleep, it was almost as is she'd heard my thoughts, because she seemed to cuddle in closer to me, and mumbled the words "Forever and Always"