05

20170827

_______

The four of them end up chatting happily at the dinner table. Mingyu has always really liked Wonwoo's parents. He likes Wonwoo's little brother too. Usually, his brother would be home with them, but he's currently at his friend's house for a sleepover.

Mingyu tells Wonwoo's parents about the situation today, and explains that he and Wonwoo will go to the office tomorrow to report the situation.

"Wait—I just realized that tomorrow is Saturday, and the nurse told us to come tomorrow. I assuming she meant Monday...?" Mingyu tilts his head.

"Yeah, let's go on Monday, the school office isn't even open on weekends." Wonwoo replies.

"I seriously trust you with Wonwoo, Mingyu." Wonwoo's father suddenly says. "You really take good care of him. Wonwoo's lucky to have you."

"Reminds me of Wonwoo's father and I when we were younger," Wonwoo's mother giggles.

Mingyu blushes, flustered. "Oh, um... thanks, you can always trust me with Wonwoo, I'll always be here for him. You got that, Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo pushes his hand away jokingly. "Yeah, yeah, thanks."

Mingyu pretends to pout. "I'm hurt, you pushed me hand away."

Wonwoo just smiles and pokes Mingyu's hand lightly, which makes Mingyu happy, and he shuts up.

"Mingyu, it's getting late, and it's dark outside... Are you walking home alone?" Mr. Jeon glances outside worriedly.

"Well, yeah, but I'll be fine." Mingyu waves it off. "I've walked home later than this before." He smiles in reassurance.

"Or, you could sleep over." Mr. Jeon suggests. "We don't mind. I'm sure Wonwoo doesn't mind." He looks at his son, "Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, of course." Wonwoo nods. "We're friends, anyway."

"Alright, that's good." Mrs. Jeon smiles. "I don't like the idea of you walking alone at night." Mingyu smiles and thanks her.

"Are you tired?" Mingyu asks Wonwoo.

"Ah, yeah, getting beat up is more tiring than you'd imagine, honestly." Wonwoo jokes. "I'm pretty tired."

"Well, I'm pretty sure the shock and everything is really tiring. And defending yourself is tiring too." Mingyu agrees. "So... Do you want to go sleep? Maybe you should go rest now."

Wonwoo nods. "Alright. Come on then, let's get ready to sleep now, Gyu." Wonwoo stands up, putting his plate in the sink. "Goodnight, mom and dad." He waves at them, smiling. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon wish the duo a good night, and continue their conversation.

Wonwoo and Mingyu make their way upstairs and Mingyu says, "Wonwoo, you're able to walk now?"

Wonwoo nods, smiling. "Sitting down for dinner probably me rest a bit. Anyway, my legs are just bruised, that's all."

"They're your legs, though."

"And your point is...?"