jonghyun

This isn't a story update, I'm sorry if you were hoping for one.

This is just something I needed to write about the beautiful human known as Kim Jonghyun. And also a personal message that I ended up writing just now.

Rest in Peace, Kim Jonghyun. You touched the lives of so many people and changed them for the better. You were so generous and selfless while standing up for what was right. You were one of the kindest humans I ever knew in my life, and will always be. Thank you for all that you've done.

What we need in this world is more humans like Jonghyun. More people that stand up for what they think is right, more kind people.

But the majority of people aren't kind.

This is the world. The world is ugly a lot of the time.

I often find myself thinking about how ugly the world is, but there are always things that make me happy despite other things weighing me down. There will always be good people in the world. I have to admit though, they are very rare.

The other day, stress was piling on top of stress for me. One thing lead to another. Soon enough, it was the last straw, and I exploded. I couldn't take it anymore so I broke down crying. Well, I was at school so I tried to not cry. But a tear or two ended up rolling down my cheek anyway.

A girl in my school noticed and looked so worried about me. I tried to hide my crying, but it didn't work. I laughed and all, trying to hide it but she kept staring at me, an obviously worried expression on her face.

I did talk a little bit about what happened as an attempt to relieve my stress but I laughed at myself, hoping that would make me feel better. But it didn't. And someone else laughed along with me, and actually...that made me feel worse.

But this girl who noticed me being upset, told me, "Hey it's okay. You tried your bets, right?"

To which i replied, "Yeah."

"It's okay then," She said. "Don't worry about it. You have nothing to regret, you tried your hardest and it's okay to feel upset, but don't worry about it."

They were simple words, but the look on her face plus the words just made me feel so much better. She's so real. It's like she actually cared about me and understood what I felt.

What i'm saying is that it's easy to do a small action that helps someone, even if just a tiny bit.

So do it.

The world is ugly sometimes, but if there are enough people who do beautiful things, to many people it will seem a lot less ugly.

Some more people will have hope.

You know, when you give up, it's because your hope has been killed. That's easy to do, to kill your hope. A lot of things in this world kill our hope. My hope hasn't been killed, though. I'll keep it alive.

Do you know what happiness is?

Not everyone has it.

Well, you can't buy it,

but you can give it and receive it.

It's so important to give it.

Whenever I personally give it, I receive it too. Because making someone happy truly makes me happy.

That's why my goal is to make the world a better place. One day, it will happen. From now on, I'll work twice as hard to reach that goal, I promise.

Thank you for reading.

Once again,

You did well, Jonghyun.

And to everyone who sees this, please do anything kind. Anything. No matter how small the action, it makes a big difference and I know from personal experience.

Even if it's just a smile, it can make someone's day so much better.