»» unexpected

Harry walks in through the double doors that were outlined in neon yellow. He pauses for a brief moment by the door, before deciding that he should probably try and look busy before bailing out so that doesn't come off as really weird.

He walks over to the counter, ears metaphorically wide open in earnest hope in coming across that beautiful voice.

His green eyes look up towards the menu, but he doesn't really need to check it. He already knows what he's going to get. He glances over to the guy behind the cash register, he's not half bad. He's got light brown colored skin, and black hair underneath a cap that read Pizza Place. It is also clear to see tattoos on his muscular arms, and something tells Harry that the rest of this guys' body is also littered in tattoos.

In a slight moment of hesitation, Harry genuinely considers this whole ordeal as crazy and almost walks out. He doesn't think this guy could possibly be the owner of that pretty voice.

"Oi! Curls, you going to order or just stand there looking pretty?" The guy, who now with a closer look appeared to be wearing a name tag labeled Zayn exclaimed.

Harry blushed and smiled politely, just as he came to the counter another young guy appeared. This guy was significantly smaller than Zayn. He had a slender frame, and light brown hair (at least that's what Harry saw underneath the cap that the guy was wearing). He's got tanned skin, and although he appears small, something tells Harry it wouldn't be good to cross him.

Harry's about to speak when this guy beats him to it- "Zayn, you ignorant piece of shit, go take your break, and it's your turn to help in the kitchen and answer calls, I'm throwing in the towel on that and Mandy said I could take over the register so go." the words were quick, firm, but at the same time spoken in that achingly familiar voice that Harry would recognize everywhere.

Zayn rolled his eyes, "Honestly, whatever, its slow and boring out here anyway, mind getting a word out of this one?" He points to Harry. "He's been staring at the menu for ten minutes and hasn't said anything. Good luck," and then Zayn disappeared into a doorway- but never mind that because Harry was more focused on this guy. Harry got closer to the counter and read his name tag.

Louis.

Harry repeated the name once, Louis looked up at the audible whisper of his name and sighed. "Welcome to Pizza Place, how can I help you?"

Harry's nervous, and he does not speak for a full second. Louis just stared at him weirdly and wondered if maybe English isn't this guy's first language. Finally, Harry found his voice.

"Hi, uh, medium Hawaiian pizza with the works please," he told Louis.

Louis' eyes widen. He looks Harry up and down. His eyebrows furrowed together in the cutest way. He audibly groaned.

"Great! Pineapple boy has a hot voice and face, just my bloody luck." Louis rolled his eyes as his fingers quickly worked away at the register and computer.

"Harry, my name is Harry," Harry smiled timidly.

Louis only glared at him, and finally he said, "That'll be £8.99, thank you for choosing Pizza Place."

Harry drew back slightly, "wait what?"

Louis finally smiled, but it wasn't filled with warmth. "What? Thought I'd hand over my hand in marriage?"

"Well no-"

"Thought I'd swoon at your feet?"

"No-"

"Then why the disappointed face Curly?"

"I- I don't know."

"Well your order will be ready in ten minutes also I'm still expecting money," Louis replied coolly.

Harry silently paid for the pizza, and Louis smiled at him but it was quickly replaced with a frown. Harry was kind of lost, he didn't really know what to do now. This wasn't exactly how he imagined their meeting to be like. So he tried again.

"Y-you have a really pretty voice," Harry stuttered shyly.

Louis gave him a point blank look. "Thanks, but I'm not really interested,"

"I'm sorry?" Harry asked completely confused.

Louis rolled his eyes in annoyance, "I'm not interested, so please take your seat the pizza will be ready in just a few more minutes."

Harry, although slightly dumbstruck did take his seat. He ran a hand through his short curls and sighed. He assumed it just wasn't going to happen. When his order was called up, he walked forward with a less bounce to his step and gave a small wave to Louis who only nodded in return.

Completely stumped by Louis' cold reaction to him Harry was just about leaving when he heard a gorgeous laugh. He turned back and saw Louis leaning over the counter his face more open and welcoming than when Harry had been talking to him.

Harry's eyes flickered over to who had Louis' attention and oh, it was this other guy, who appeared to be basking in Louis' attention. He sighed deeply and stepped into the cool summer air. Utterly disappointed with the turn of events Harry made his way home, the only thing that made him slightly happier is that at least he had a pizza.

He wondered if he should throw in the towel completely, yeah Louis was pretty cute, but it was obvious Louis didn't like him, but how could Louis not like him, Louis doesn't know him. So maybe, Harry might have been a little direct, maybe it'd be best to be friends at first.

Still, it appeared that Louis wasn't going to opening that door any time soon either. Harry finally got home and he sat down on his couch in the living room and opened the box. He grabbed a slice and bit into the cheesy goodness- man, he loved pizza.

He wouldn't mind having a pizza every day if it meant catching a glimpse of Louis. But, that'd be weird. So Harry sighed, and turned on his phone. He figured there shouldn't be any harm in just befriending Louis, so maybe that's what he'd try to do next.

And maybe, that'll work.

Except, Harry should have known better to think so naively.

_____

What's up with Lou? Harold, honey, be careful.

Do you guys want drama // angst or rather just read a cute fic? :)