»» feeling alive

so it's really been 10 years since 1d was formed huh.

Comment your age when you joined the fandom & your age now!

I was 13, and I'm 21 now.

_______

They both pulled back for a moment, and the only sound in Louis' moon lit room was their heavy breathing.

"I've missed you," Louis muttered.

Harry still looked slightly dazed, "you miss me?" He repeated gently. Louis nodded and kissed Harry once more. He pressed his forehead against Harry's and they stood in the quiet; both only listening to the other's heartbeat.

"I should go," Harry exclaimed after the long pause. Louis shook his head and grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him towards his bed. Their lips entangled once more, and it really took all of Harry's power to finally push back. Because, he was with Calder. Calder, who was sweet, and kind, and nice. Calder who hadn't rejected him because Harry's shoes were old. Calder who was currently sleeping alone in his room after Harry had rushed out at the sight of Louis' text.

"Why did you call me?" Harry demanded when he pushed Louis away. His green eyes cooler now, his lips formed a thin line and Louis sighed heavily.

"I missed your voice...and your curls." Louis leaned forward to run his hands through Harry's shorter curls. Harry didn't let him. Louis rolled his eyes. "Oh, you can't be serious?" Louis' voice cooled from soft and innocent. "You're really with that guy?"

"Yes."

"That's your type?" Louis laughed.

"Well, it's yours also!" Harry retorted.

"Yeah, but a whole relationship? Come on, even I know you're better than that. Is his game that good?"

Harry grew flustered at this statement. "That's not why I am with him, and you know it." Harry exclaimed. But, they both now that there was no going back. Harry had cheated. He'd cheated on Calder. When that realization hit Harry; he took several steps back. "And, he's a good guy, and he doesn't deserve this." He took one last look at Louis before reaching for the door.

"If you walk out that door, you can forget about anything happening between us." Louis told him.

Harry shook his head, "I shouldn't have come. I really, really shouldn't have come. He doesn't deserve this, and you- you don't even care about me still. This isn't about us Lou. This is about you and what you want. You're selfish. And I think you'll always be selfish." He turned the door and Louis watched it close behind him. A minute later he heard the front door slam shut too.

Louis half expected Zayn to ask him what all the noise was about. Louis ran a hand through his hair and fell back against his bed. He looked out his window and watched the night disappear into day. He didn't know what he expected from this encounter, maybe he half thought Harry would stay with him. It was a pretty ridiculous thought.

He fell asleep, and woke up to Zayn standing over his bedside. "The hell do you want?"

"Why did I see Harry's car leave our house at 2 am?" Zayn demanded. Before Louis could reply, Zayn continued, "you gotta stop fooling around with that kid Lou. He's not your type and you know it."

"Yeah, yeah, he's too young-."

"No, you're too immature to even attempt to be with him. He's far above you and the situations you cause for yourself." Zayn stayed with clear annoyance. "And I would surely hope he's a lot smarter than to fall for your crap again. So, I'm saying this nicely, leave him alone."

Louis rolled his eyes, "alright, you need to calm down. It's not that serious. I just wanted to fool around. Besides, what is he doing with that guy? Did you see what he was wearing, and handing me a 100 note for a 20 pizza? Even I know Harry could do better."

"Yeah he really can, and better does not mean you. In any way." Louis glared at Zayn and Zayn shrugged. "It's the truth." 

"I know it is." Louis snapped, "he can't possibly be with him for the money? right?" Louis wondered out loud. 

Zayn scoffed and his brown eyes lit up, "No, Lou. He truly isn't like you. Besides, he's been out on a few dates with him already. They aren't official or anything, and I doubt they will be after Harry tells him what happened." Louis only rolled his eyes once more and walked past Zayn to the bathroom. 

Zayn shook his head and closed Louis' door behind him and he walked downstairs to attempt and make them breakfast before Louis tried to run off. If it wasn't for Zayn, Louis would probably eat a bag of chips the whole day. 

Louis finally came downstairs dressed in sweats and his hair was still dripping water. At this point in their friendship Zayn was used to dealing with Louis' actions. He didn't approve of them, and he had lost track of the number of times he'd told Louis to get his stuff together. So, Zayn instead chose to sit back and watch. He knew Louis' karma would have to come around soon enough. Louis sat down at their tiny kitchen set and grudgingly thanked Zayn for his eggs, waffles and avocado toast (which Louis would never admit was his favorite). 

"So, you knew?" Louis finally to break the dull quietness that settled once Zayn sat across from him. 

"Knew what?" Zayn asked truly confused. 

"That he was with that guy." 

"Yeah." 

"How did you know?" Louis set his toast down and glanced up to meet Zayn's unnerved look. 

"We text every now and then." Zayn replied. 

"You text Harry?"

"Yeah mate, who else? You know, he's a good friend." 

"Since when?" Louis demanded. 

"Since always Lou, get over yourself." Zayn stood up and pushed his chair back, he grabbed his half-empty plate of toast and walked over to the trash can. He didn't look back at Louis as he dumped the trash and said, "We've hung out a couple of times too." 

"What the heck?" Louis all but shouted. 

Zayn looked back over to him and shrugged, "he's my friend Lou. What would you know? You're off every night with who knows! Besides, I'm seeing him again this weekend. I'd say youre invited but I can imagine you've done more than your share to get his feelings all messed up again." Zayn walked away from him and Louis heard the front door shut. 

Zayn was friends with Harry, and for some reason the idea of Zayn being friends with Harry, made Louis' anger soar and he threw his empty plate into the sink before running back to his room. He sent one text. 

"We really need to talk."

"No."

____

dedicated to those still around x 

hi hi