»» opened doors

It's been a while. I'm back to the point where I was when I first started writing. I am determined to finish this book.

May you have a blessed 2018.

_______

It takes Harry two more weeks before he can bring himself to walk back into the pizza place. He hates how shy he is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

He walked in and immediately noticed Louis, he smiled timidly as he made his way over to him. A nervous hand ran through his short curls, his tummy was fluttering with butterflies as his green eyes got caught with Louis' beautiful ones.

"Hi-" Harry muttered, his eyes darted from Louis' to the floor before going back to meet those ocean hues.

"Hey Curly! Lemme guess, pineapple pizza with the works?" Louis teased with a fun smile.

"Yeah! Thanks," Harry smiled broadly, and Louis pushed some buttons on the register.

"That it?" Louis asked.

"Medium, but Y-yeah! I think so. Uh," and this is where Harry blushed profusely. "C-could I get your number?"

Louis cocked his head to the side, he held the white receipt in one hand while his eyes slowly looked harry up and down. Those eyes were almost scrutinizing every aspect of Harry, right down to the smudge on his shoes. And- no that was all in Harry's head.

With a shake of his head Louis handed over the receipt, "Sorry babe, I don't date dudes who like pineapple on their pizza,"

"That's silly," Harry muttered.

"Maybe so, but it's a rule I haven't broken just yet. Can you hold up a second? I have to go speak to my coworker." Louis exclaimed. He turned around and Harry's breath almost left his whole system as his eyes fell to the curve of Louis' bum which was portrayed perfectly by the tightness of his work jeans.

Inside the kitchen Louis ran over to Zayn. "Hey, guess who's back?"

Zayn looked up from where he was concentrating on Harry's pizza. "Erm, that bloke who fancies you is back?"

"Yeah! Do you think he'll quit? I turned him down again," Louis bit his lower lip and leaned against the wall.

"Why? Don't you think he's cute?" Zayn mumbled.

"Yeah but fam, he's like hella broke," Louis sighed heavily. It was a shame, Harry or Curly as Louis chose to call him was extraordinarily fine.

Zayn rolled his eyes, "really? That's it?"

Louis bit his lower lip, "yeah Zayn, I live a life I can't give up and with his beat up shoes from 3 years ago, I can tell he can't give me that."

Zayn shook his head in mild disgust, "See, now it totally makes even more sense why you bother with, whatever the fuck her name is, Banana or some shit,"

"Briana," Louis commented, "and as soon as she takes me to the trip in Barcelona I'm calling it quits, it's not worth it. She's way too clingy."

Zayn didn't even look the slightest fazed. "Ah, yeah, then who?"

"There's this really adorable guy, who owns like three iPhone X's and a Rolex, plus the car he drives- honestly he can have me any day of the week! Oh sh- Harry!" And Louis scattered back to the front desk where Harry was waiting sheepishly.

Louis quirked up a warm smile and said, "Right, that'll be a few more minutes! Thank you for choosing Pizza Place."

"So, you won't go out with me," Harry's low voice spoke amidst the otherwise empty restaurant. Louis crooked up an eyebrow, he wondered where this was going. "Which, I guess is fine. Can we at least be friends? You go to Uni?" Harry's cheeks darkened a shade and Louis couldn't help but smile at his shyness.

"Yeah, last year. You?"

"Likewise. It's pretty tough, but I'm ready to get out."

"Same! I'm so over school, although if I don't pass my Statistics class, I don't think I'll ever get out," Louis grimaced. Math, was never his friend.

"Stats? Oh I'm majoring in Business and Mathematics with a Minor in Stats, I can help you!" Harry's face immediately brightened at this prospect.

Louis frowned for a split second before smiling. "Yeah, I guess, a little help wouldn't hurt! But, don't get any ideas okay? Just friends."

"Of course. Nothing more. Nothing less." Harry repeated with a somber tone to his voice.

Louis scribbled out his number on the otherwise forgotten receipt that he had in his hand, and handed it over to Harry who couldn't stop smiling. As their fingertips barely brushed against one another Louis shivered.

Zayn called out from the back, and Louis walked over to get Harry's pizza. "Thanks again Harry." Louis said as he passed it over.

Harry, in all his happiness, nodded eagerly and accepted the pizza, all cheeky smile and clumsy fingers.

Louis watched the shy boy walk away. He took in his lean body, and wavy, dark, brown hair. The muscle underneath the black tshirt appeared defined, and Louis almost regretted turning him down except; he also noted the torn, worn out jeans with ripped at the bottom of the seams and the 3 years ago converse with holes at the edges. He noticed the way Harry's wrists held no expensive watches but rather black rubber bands, and the fact that Louis saw him get into a beat up old nameless car in the parking lot.

Harry was hot, but Louis needed much more than that. As he turned around he caught Zayn smirking at him.

"What?" Louis asked defensively.

"He's gonna help you in math? Oh, please, it's a relationship waiting to happen."

"Shut up!" Louis exclaimed, "I'm not dropping my standards, and just for that I'll make sure to not bring you back anything from Spain."

Zayn grinned mischievously, "Of course I could always just tell Banana that you're only using her for money,"

Louis snorted in amusement, "Yeah, like she's got the brains to believe that. Whatever, two more weeks and I'm home free. Who knows, maybe the guy in my Econ class could be the one."

"Him be the one? Or his fat wallet?" Zayn asked.

"What's the difference?" And Louis laughed like it was the funniest thing ever just as someone else walked into the door.

________

Thoughts?