Chapter 1

I sighed as we were walking along the path. Although the sun was a nice change from constant rain, I was extremely tired. My name is Yukia Itomo I'm from a big clan in the rain village. The Imoto clan is known for two reasons. One is that anybody who decides to become a ninja always turns out very powerful, though you wouldn't know it cause they are extremely hyperactive. And two our kekkei genkai. It is extremely sought after but no ones been able to get it because when we die our kekkei genkai shuts down and disappears.

I was currently on my way to Konoha to be a ninja there. I sighed again and pushed my long green hair behind my shoulder.

"Yukia we are almost at Konoha." My brown eyes lazily glanced over my shoulder. I sighed for the 17 time in the last hour. I simply waved my hand, the only sign I gave that I heard my escort. We walked for a couple more hours before Konoha's gates came into view. I kept an impassive face as they approached the guards who were asleep.

When we got to the gates my escort started speaking " Yukia do you want me to escort you to the hokage's office?"

" No I'm fine leave me here." I stated with a bored tone to my voice and I started walking ignoring whatever my escort was babbling about. I only walked for about a minute before I saw a guy who looked pretty lazy. I decided I liked him and started to walk to him.

He saw me coming and turned to me he sighed " who are you I don't recognize you." He looked relaxed to the eye but you could tell he was on guard.

" My name is Yukia Imoto, and I was sent here from the rain village to become a ninja. Your guards at the gates were asleep so I planned on finding someone to take me to the hokage's so I wouldn't be suspected for anything I didn't do." Wow, that was the most I've ever heard myself talk at one time. You see I'm not like the rest of the ninja's in my clan, while everyone else is hyper and happy I'm rather impassive and lazy.

He sighed " fine I'll take you there. You won't see many people out, me along with some other genin just participated in the chunin exams and are still recovering."

On our way to the hokage tower we continued to talk about random things. I found myself talking and smiling more then I usually would. He showed me to the hokage's door and we both stopped.

He looked at me blushing slightly and sighed again. " This is such a drag, but my names Shikamaru Nara and I hope we can keep in touch.You seem pretty cool......you like watching clouds?" He asked the last part with a slight hesitation.

I smiled and giggled slightly at his shyness which is very unlike me. " yeah I love watching clouds, when I have free time I'll get up and find you how about that?" I asked also with a slight blush on my face.

He smiled " yeah ok I'll see you around." Was all he said as he turned around and left. I turned to the door and knocked.

"Come in" I took a deep breath and put my hand on the door not aware how much my life was about to change.