chapter 4

~Naruto's POV~

Mizuki-sensei and I were sitting on one of the buildings' roof and looking towards the sunset with our feet dangling over the edge.

"Iruka-sensei is tough, but he's not against you." Mizuki-sensei said.

"Then why? Why only me? Even my sister's a better ninja than I am." I said sadly as I looked down.

"He wants you to be strong with all his heart, but that will never happen if he goes easy on you, as for your sister I guess she just pays more attention in class and enjoys surprising people." Mizuki-sensei paused to take a breath before speaking again. "He's like you and Narumi, you know? No parents." He said.

"But this time I really wanted to graduate with my sister." I said sadly, looking down at my lap.

"Then I guess I'll have to tell you." Mizuki-sensei said.

"Huh?" I asked, looking at him.

"It's a secret, but I'm gonna let you in on it." He said, looking at me in the eyes.

'A secret?' I thought, looking at him with wide eyes.

~Narumi's POV~

I was laying down in my bed wondering when Naruto was going to come home. I mean, the only thing that was here was a note saying 'gone training, love Naruto.' It's midnight already and he's still not back yet.

'Argh! That elder brother of mine really frustrates me sometimes, ya know!' I thought.

A knock on the door rang throughout the apartment, bringing me back to reality. Getting out of my bed and walking towards the front door, I opened it only to see a sweaty sensei.

"Iruka-sensei, are you alright? What's wrong?" I asked with a frown.

"N-Naruto s-stole t-the s-sacred scroll of s-sealing." Iruka-sensei stumbled upon his words.

"Naruto? Sacred scroll? Stolen?" I muttered. "And you want me to help you look for him?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

'That explains why he hasn't come home, but why did onii-chan steal the sacred scroll?'

"Yes, I need your help." He said and I quickly put on my shoes before running out the door, barely remembering to lock it.

"Alright! Let's go!" I yelled before jumping around, searching for my brother.

We searched everywhere for nii-san, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Hey Iruka-sensei, maybe he's in the forest!" I yelled out to him from my spot on the rooftop and he nod his head to let me know he heard me before we ran to the forest in hopes to find my big brother.

'Please be okay, Naruto-nii.'

~Third person's POV~

Naruto panted as he grew tired from all the training he did from learning the jutsu. Iruka and Narumi walked towards Naruto's panting form.

"I've found you." Iruka said with his hands on his hips.

Naruto jumped up, surprised and scratched the back of his head.

"Caught me already, not bad. You're quick sensei, I only had time to learn one technique." Naruto said, still rubbing the back of his head.

'He's been out here practicing. I can tell how hard his been working.' Iruka thought.

"Listen Iruka-sensei. I'm going to show you this amazing jutsu and you're going to let me graduate then everything will be okay. That's the way it works, right? Anyone who learns a jutsu from this scroll passes." Naruto explained.

"Huh? Where'd you get that idea?" Iruka asked, looking at Naruto in confusion.

"Mizuki-sensei told me about it, believe it! He told me where to find the scroll and this place..." Naruto trailed off as he saw Iruka's face.

"Are you alright, Iruka-sensei?" Narumi asked in concern as she looked up at the man.

'Mizuki?' Iruka asked. Suddenly, there were kunais thrown at them.

"LOOK OUT!" Iruka yelled before pushing Narumi and Naruto out of the way and getting pierced with the kunais instead.