chapter 11

~Narumi's POV~

I groaned as I woke up at five o'clock since we're supposed to meet Kakashi-sensei at training grounds seven.

I got out of bed, made a clone that went to make breakfast and I went to take a shower. After I finished, I putted on a blue kimono with the Uzumaki clan symbol on the back, red-orange (think of Kurama's fur) fingerless gloves with the Uzumaki symbol, a red-orange hoodie also with the Uzumaki symbol and my blue ninja sandals.

After I finished getting ready, I walked to Naruto's room and woke him up. When he did, I went to the kitchen and ate breakfast, remembering to dispel the clone. When I finished eating, I made breakfast for everyone else, knowing that they wouldn't eat.

"Naruto-nii! Hurry up 'ttebane!" I yelled and heard footsteps running to the kitchen. "Let's go." I said and we left the apartment.

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura screamed once we reached the training grounds.

'Damn banshee.' I thought in annoyance.

"I made breakfast for you guys." I took out a small bento and gave it to them.

"BUT KAKASHI-SENSEI SAID NOT TO EAT! BAKA!" Sakura screamed.

"Actually he suggested not to eat and we're going to need the strength if the test is difficult." I explained calmly.

Sasuke seemed to see reason and ate while Sakura was about to protest, but shut up and ate when she saw Sasuke eating, Naruto had already finished eating.

I sighed softly and sat down in front of the wooden stump.

~time skip~

Naruto was fast asleep on my lap while Sakura was braiding my hair, Sasuke was just leaning on the stump.

~time skip~

Both Naruto and Sakura are fast asleep on my lap while I was leaning on the stump, stroking their hair. I sighed softly and looked at Sasuke, who was staring at me. Sighing again, I signaled him to come closer which he obeys and sat down next to me. I allowed him to lean against me, letting him fall asleep.

"Is this how a mother feels like?" I wondered, pursing my lip in amusement and I watched their peaceful expressions.

~times skip~
~third person POV~

Kakashi finally appeared looking like he had all the time in the world. The ninjas all blinked their eyes from their sleep. Sakura looked at Naruto, who looked at her before they both looked at Sasuke. Sasuke stared right back and quickly stood up from the stump with his usual attitude. Naruto smirked when he realized that Sasuke fell asleep on Narumi along with him and Sakura.

Kakashi chuckled at the sight. When Naruto and Sakura noticed Kakashi, they pointed an accusing finger at him.

"YOU'RE LATE!!" They yelled.

"Sorry guys. I got lost on the path of life."

"YOU LIAR!!" They yelled again, Sasuke and Narumi were just staring in the background.

"Anyway," The silver haired man moved over to one of the stumps and pulled an alarm clock from who knows where. "The time is set for noon. Your task is to take these bells from me."

"Wait a minute! There's four of us, how come there's only three bells?" Sakura screeched.

"Well that way at least one of you will end up tied to a post and is ultimately disqualified from failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the academy. Then again, all four of you could flunk out too." Kakashi explained. "You may use any weapons, including shuriken, if you're not prepared to kill us you won't be able to take the bells."

"But sensei! Those weapons are to dangerous!"

"Yeah! You're so slow you barely dodged our trap!! We'll definitely kill you!!" Naruto exclaimed.

"In the real world, those without talent often bark the loudest. Well, ignore Mr. Dead last and start when I say.."

Naruto took out a kunai and charged at Kakashi, but Kakashi appeared behind him, holding Naruto's kunai to his neck. Narumi appeared behind Kakashi with a kunai on his back, shocking the jōnin.

"Onii-chan and I are a team, so don't think that I'll let him fight on his own 'ttebane." The redhead said calmly.

"Calm down, I haven't said start yet." Kakashi said. "But you two came at me with the full intention to kill so... how can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys."

"Get ready, and... start!" Kakashi said and all of the genins jumped out of the field.