chapter 10

~Narumi's POV~

Sensei put down his book and looked up at us with a rather lazy expression. We were sitting down at the steps, first Sakura, then Sasuke, Naruto and finally, me.

"Well," He announced. "Let's begin with introducing ourselves."

"What do you want to know?" The pink banshee asked.

"How about your likes, dislikes, dreams for the future and things like that." Kakashi-sensei stated.

"Introduce yourself first." Onii-chan demanded.

"Hm, me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. I have no desire to tell you my likes and dislikes. Dreams for the future? Never really thought about it and I have lots of hobbies." Kakashi-sensei said lazily. "You're up, pinkie."

Sakura cringe her nose in response to the nickname. She soon got over it though.

"My name is Sakura Haruno! The thing I like is..." She brought her hands to her face. "I mean the person I like is..." She glanced at Sasuke. "and um... my dream for the future." She glanced at Sasuke again and squealed. "My hobby is..." She glanced at Sasuke again and blushed, letting out a high pitched squeal.

"And your dislikes?" Kakashi-sensei asked.

"NARUTO!" She yelled, onii-chan hung his head and sulked while I glared at her.

"Okay." Kakashi-sensei said in slight discomfort. "Your turn blondie."

"Alright!" Naruto exclaimed happily. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki!" He adjusted his headband. "I like my sister, ramen and the ramen that Iruka-sensei buys for me! I hate how long you have to wait for the ramen to cook! My hobbies are pranking, hanging out with my sister and training! And my dream.." He paused and we saw a spark of determination in his eyes. "Is to be the greatest Hokage! So that way everyone will have to respect and look up to me!" Onii-chan shouted.

"Okay, the dark and brooding one."

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. There are many things I dislike and not many things I like. I have an ambition, not a dream. I will resurrect my clan and kill a certain man."

'Do not talk about Itachi-nii like that you stupid duckbutt!' I glared at him.

"And lastly the redhead."

"My name is Narumi Uzumaki. I like foxes, ramen, Kurama, my brother and gramps. I dislike the three minutes you have to wait for the ramen to cook, fangirls, being alone, arrogant people and a certain snake. My hobbies are reading, drawing, singing and pranking. My dream for the future is... to help Naruto become Hokage and be acknowledged by the village."

"Okay, that's enough of that, tomorrow we'll start our duties as shinobi." Kakashi-sensei said.

"What kind of duties?" Naruto asked excitedly.

"First we're going to do something just the five of us."

"What?" I asked.

"Survival training."

"Survival training?" Onii-chan asked.

"Why is our first duty a training? We've had enough training at the academy." Sakura said.

"This isn't a normal training.. this time I'm your opponent."

"Then, what is it?" Onii-chan asked and Kakashi started to laugh.

"What's so funny sensei?" Sakura asked as I tilted my head.

"Um..well, it's just that when I tell you this you guys are totally going to freak out." He said.

"Freak out?"

"Of the 27 graduates, only 3 teams will be chosen to become genins the rest will be send back to the academy. This training is a very difficult exam with failure rates of over 66%."

"WHAT?!" Sakura screamed.

"I told you you'd freak out."

"WHAT? NO WAY!! BUT WE WORK SO HARD! THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT IN GRADUATING!?" Onii-chan shouted.

"Onii-chan, my ears." I scolded.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly.

"It's okay." I smiled at him. "And I'm guessing that, that was just to select those who have the chance to become genin, right sensei?"

"That's correct.. anyway, tomorrow you have to show your real skills on the training ground, bring all the shinobi tools you have, oh, and skip breakfast, you might throw up." Sensei said before disappearing.

'That was a bit dramatic.' I sweat dropped.

"Well, let's go home onii-chan." He nodded and we left.