(not so) secret

[A/N: im back !]

* obvious trigger warning

jack shifted his attention to something tapping his window.

a pebble maybe? and it seemed like someone was throwing it from below. quickly, he put on his jacket and opened his window, letting the cool air rush into his room.

"finn? what the hell are you-"

"can you come downstairs? i wanna talk." he said seriously.

"i-" jack looked back to make sure his door was closed, "i can't sneak out. just text me?"

"this is important. please?" he pouted. jack hated when he did that. it's not like it was a bad thing though, all jack wanted to do was have finn over and cuddle with him. maybe even sneak in a kiss or two.

"sorry finn. i'm, uh, i'm busy." he started closing the window when finn spoke up again,

"i can sense the hesitation in your voice. and besides, im gonna walk in even if i dont have your permission."

"wait, finn don't-" but he was already on his way to the front. jack ran down the stairs as quickly as he could, only to see finn through the other window near the front door.

thinking fast, jack opened the door and dragged finn up to his room, hopefully not waking anyone.

"what do you want?!" he whisper shouted, softly closing his bedroom door shut.

"are you okay? you look," finn hesitated, "pale."

"i'm fine. just tell me what you wanted to say." jack crossed his arms and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"well for one, you're wearing a jacket. it's like 90 something degrees!"

"87, but i'm sick." he sniffled, "and why do you care? you obviously came here for another reason."

"well the last few times we went out with the others, you didn't eat anything and i was worried so-"

"finn, i'm literally always sick. i don't feel like eating half the time because i lose my appetite when i get stomach aches or whatever. it's no big deal okay?" jack lied. finn had caught on to jack's (not so) secret. jack had always felt insecure about how he looked, thinking he was too fat even though he knew for a fact he was thin.

sometimes he made himself throw up when he felt like he ate too much. some days, he just insisted he wasn't hungry. but finn knew it was all a lie.

"im here for you okay? you don't have to lie to me.." finn said, gently taking jack's hand and rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on the back of it.

"i-i know." the younger boy shivered at the sudden contact and pulled his sleeve down further. he didn't want finn to know.

not yet.

but knowing finn, he did exactly what jack feared and carefully pulled the sleeve of his jacket up, only to sharply inhale at the sight of so many scars.

"finn-"

"why would you even want to do this to yourself? you're beautiful and never let anyone else make you think otherwise." finn cut him off, not noticing that jack was on the verge of breaking into tears.

and breaking into tears is exactly what he did.

"hey it's okay..." finn tried calming jack down as he slowly sobbed into his shoulder by putting an arm around him, "you don't have to go through whatever you're going through alone. i'll be here for you. i'll always be here."

"th-thank you." jack stuttered as he sat back and wiped the remaining tears off his cheeks only to be interrupted by finn's own thumb swiping his tears away.

the older boy's hand didn't move, instead, he stared into jack's sad eyes and slowly leaned in, closing the gap between them until he felt the familiar feeling of his soft lips.