1:45 am

[A/N: someone pm me i have no friends :')]

jack was in the car way before he had gotten the actual address. he needed to get there. he had to see finn.

running into the place, he panted as he saw someone with curly hair approach him,

"you must be jack. im nick. remember when you-"

"called you a homophobic piece of shit? yeah. where is he?"

"room 8b, but you can't go in..."

"what? why?! i have to see him."

"he's unconscious and they're still trying to figure out what's wrong with him. it was a texting and driving accident and it looked pretty bad."

"nick please...i just need to look at him."

"i'm sorry." he replied with sadness, obviously upset at seeing jack like this.

"you know what? i'm going in anyway." jack said with confidence as he started to walk past finn's brother.

nick had to hold him back as the nurse said the exact same thing he had told jack just minutes ago.

"no please just let me get one quick look. i swear i'll- nick, nick let go of me! I SAID LET ME GO." the younger boy was crying now, blaming himself.

"control yourself okay? you can see him after they say you can."

"but-"

"you can wait if you want." he sighed, his heart was crushed by how much jack wanted to see him. heck, finn could be seriously hurt for all they knew, but nick didn't want to reveal that to his little brother's boyfriend.

on the other hand, jack waited. he waited in the small uncomfortable seats of the waiting room even when nick had to leave. he waited past midnight and fell asleep on the desk barely clutching a magazine he had tried to read to kill time.

he was shook awake (quite literally) as one of the nurses woke him up. at least it wasn't the one from before.

"are you a family member of the patient in room 8b?"

"i-im his boyfriend if that counts." he yawned, as he glanced at his watch.

1:45 am?!

"oh well, just let his parents know that he's free to go as soon as he wakes up."

"wakes up?" jack jolted up, "is he okay?"

"he's fine, he's just been unconscious, but should be waking up shortly." the lady said.

"can i go see him?"

she nodded and smiled sweetly before leading the boy to the room. jack thanked her before inhaling sharply and opening the door.

"finn?"