panic attack

*possible trigger warning?

(a long time later)

finn and jack had a complicated relationship. sometimes, they would be the cutest couple in the room, giving forehead kisses, and small cuddles. but other times, the tension, (and not the good kind), was so intense, you could cut it with a knife.

this stressed jack out in the worst way possible of course.

currently it was 2 am, and jack was asleep next to his boyfriend. he was sleeping over, mostly because jack didn't want to go home to face his dad.

the smaller of the two always dealt with nightmares, so when he had one this night, he wasn't exactly surprised:

"why are you talking to me you asshole? you thought i actually cared about you? you're funny." finn said, slightly pushing jack.

"n-no, stop. you don't mean that finn..." he whispered, slowly backing away as finn continued to step forward. he had to slide down against the wall and hug his knees just to feel protected, but finn bent down and met his eyes smirking at his face,

"oh i mean it. who would ever like someone like you? you're a horrible person i had the displeasure of meeting over the web."

that made him wake up, forehead sweaty and hands shaking like crazy. he looked over to his right to see finn snoring, his arms placed around jack's waist. getting out of this situation would be hard, but jack managed to do so anyway. the clock read 2:03am, and jack groaned because he knew he had only just started to fall asleep about an hour ago.

making his way to the bathroom, he stared at his reflection trying not to remember his dream whatsoever. that backfired, and suddenly, jack ended up clutching his knees like he did in his dream and sobbed uncontrollably until he felt a pair of warm arms engulf him.

"what happened?"

"p-p-panic attack i think. and i had a b-bad dream." he stuttered, gulping back the tears that wouldn't stop pouring out of his eyes. finn probably thought jack was weakling by now. who cried because of a dream? especially a dream like that?

"shh it's okay." he gently stroked his hair before kissing his forehead.

"i l-lo..." jack started, but then looked down.

"it's fine, you don't have to say it." finn whispered calmly and instantly soothed jack unknowingly.

jack closed his eyes and thought:

i do love you i just don't know how to tell you.