idiot

[A/N: double update?]

jack's heart started beating faster as he took cautious steps towards the hospital bed. when he did get there, he had to cover his mouth to prevent letting out a sob because of finn's state.

purple bruises, and traces of blood were everywhere. and to make it worse, jack had been the one texting him in the first place.

if only he had put his phone down, or told finn not to text while driving. if only finn had accidentally left his phone at home.

if only.

"this is all my fault..." jack choked out looking down at his phone, ignoring the tears rolling down his cheeks for like the fifth time today. he went to go sit in one of the guest chairs at the far corner of the room and sighed.

"don't blame yourself." a voice said.

jack looked in the direction of the voice and saw finn sitting up slowly.

"it was my fault for having my phone out." he continued.

"im so sorry..." jack got up, making his way over to his boyfriend before gently caressing his face. finn flinched at the pain, causing jack to take his hand away and say sorry again.

"hey, look." he pointed at his face, "i'm fine okay? i'm here and i'm with you and that's all that matters."

"you're hurt. and it's literally all my fault." jack bit his lip to conceal his sobs, because it killed him to see his boyfriend in so much pain.

"aw jack..." finn sadly smiled before putting an arm around his boyfriend, pulling him into a hug. "believe me, it hurts a lot more seeing you cry than crashing into another car."

"you're an idiot finn wolfhard." jack managed a small smile as he wiped his eyes, brimming with tears.

"and you're beautiful jack dylan grazer."