{10} Everthing will be alright, right?

Jiyeon and the three others emerged from the stage and the music started.

The cheering stopped. The lightsticks turned off. It was like an empty arena.

Jiyeon knew right away what had happened. She wanted to collapse. She wanted to lie down and cry. But she kept going. There has to be someone supporting. There has to.

Their music echoed in the stage and the girls continued to dance and sing. All four of them knew what had happen.

All of them wanted to cry and it was obvious. Jiyeon's voice cracked multiple times due to the shock. Those 3 minutes felt like 3 years. She just wanted it to be over.

Still, their smiles didn't fade, whether they were fake or not, and they continued.

Soon enough the song ended, and not a single cheer was heard. Not a person waved. It was like nobody was even there. Jiyeon felt tears falling out of her eyes. I've gone this far... I worked so hard...is this really happening....

She couldn't even speak. The four of them just stood there until one of the staff ushered them off.

The moment Jiyeon, Yeseul, Ai, and Sooyung got off stage, they collapsed onto their knees and started sobbing. No one dared to speak up, not even the manager. They just watched as the four girls wept.

Soon enough, Jiyeon got herself to stop crying. She helped her members up after getting herself up. It broke her heart more than ever to see her bandmates like this. She felt terribly at fault.

At the roommate household

All the roommates watched with wide eyes as iDoll emerged from the stage. No one was cheering.

"I-is there something wrong with the volume??" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

He checked, and it wasn't. "This can't be happening..."

"What's going on?!??! Why aren't they cheering?!?!" Seho asked.

"It's a...black ocean..."

"What's that??" Kangjoon asked.

"When all of the viewers don't like the performance and stop supporting..."

The roommates got quiet. Their guilt for Jiyeon was unbearable. They saw Jiyeon and her group still performing and smiling. And heard her voice cracks. They were really hurt.

"They're so strong...how could they not just give up?" Nana said sadly. "If I was in their spot, I'd just sit down and cry."

Chanyeol couldn't watch. He felt a tear slip from his eye when the performance finished and he saw Jiyeon crying. He felt terrible.

The performance finished and the roommates just sat there in shock. Most of them cried for Jiyeon.

"When our-Jiyeon...comes home..." Sungwoo said, "we have to give her lots of love...okay??"

Back to Jiyeon

The girls left the building with heavy hearts. The pain was unbearable for them and Sooyung was still sobbing.

The car ride back was silent. Jiyeon tried to act happy for the girls but it was really lifeless. She said goodbye and the car left for the roommate house.

Jiyeon got out of the car and rang the doorbell, trying to compose herself. She didn't want to make her roommates pity her, and for her to be a burden. The door was opened by Chanyeol.

"I-I'm back..." Jiyeon faked a smile.

"Welcome back..." Chanyeol said in shock. How could she act so happy?

Everyone welcomed Jiyeon lovingly and carefully.

"Do you want dinner?" Chanyeol asked.

"N-no I'll just be upstairs." Jiyeon headed for upstairs but Chanyeol caught her wrist and turned her around.

"Are you...okay?"

"I-I'm fine." Jiyeon's voice cracked and she pulled away from his grasp, turning away from him.

Chanyeol and the other roommates looked at her in shock as she went up to her room, shutting the door.

As soon as Jiyeon shut the door and was alone she bursted out into tears once again. Jiyeon sat on her bed and just...cried. She would calm down. And then cry again. It wouldn't stop. All her regrets poured out at once. Jiyeon let herself cry by herself.

Downstairs

"She's not okay." Chanyeol said angrily. "What kind of sick world am I in?? How could the fans just suddenly stop cheering for the sake of making them like this???"

"Chanyeol, calm down, she needs some time to recover." Sungwoo said. "Jiyeon is strong, she'll get over it soon enough."

"Sit down and eat." Sora said.

Instead of sitting down, Chanyeol went upstairs.

Seho sighed. "I knew he would be like this. Like a protective boyfriend."

"Seho!! This isn't the time!" Nana scolded him.

Upstairs

Chanyeol opened the door in room one and carefully went in. He could hear Jiyeon crying from outside even.

Chanyeol's heart broke at the sight of her sitting on the bed, just crying alone.

Jiyeon heard someone come in but didn't bother to do anything. Then she felt someone's arms wrap around her.

"I'm sorry Jiyeon. I'm so sorry." Chanyeol rested her head on his shoulder and let her cry into it while he smoothed her hair.

Jiyeon got quieter when she heard Chanyeol. But she couldn't control her sobs. "I t-thought it would get easier. After debuting."

"It will get better. I promise Jiyeon. I said that I believed in you for a reason."

"W-what if it was all for nothing." Jiyeon cried. "All the training, for nothing." She grabbed into Chanyeol's sweater and cried again.

"It wasn't. It with not end like this I promise Jiyeon, okay?"

The two stayed like that for a long time. Just Jiyeon crying into Chanyeol's shoulder. And Chanyeol hugging her tight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note
Yo writing this really broke me :,) I feel so bad for doing this to Jiyeon :(( I'm breaking out in sweats rn after writing this. I hope you guys enjoy. #Jiyeol ;))

If you didn't know, black ocean is a way of kpop fans not supporting someone. Girls generation had one, but look at them now :)