Four•Surprise!

^^Cozy, you'll understand

- - -
P E R C Y

Today was my birthday. I'm not exactly sure how old I would be, but somewhere around my thirties. It's been twelve years since I came here, Charlie is currently fifteen. Chaos let me choose to age her so she could come into the army early, but I wanted her to have a normal childhood. Well, as normal as a childhood can get on Zark. She started training at eight with us, she knows everything about our world. I had to explain it all to her and she took it well.

I walked into breakfast to see Chaos and Order standing there. I raised an eyebrow but said nothing about it as I sat down. Bianca smiled at me "Happy birthday!" We became best friends after she came here. Her, Luke, Leo and I were all best friends. But she was also my girlfriend. "Thanks B." I said smiling. I looked over and noticed Order and Chaos still there. "Lord Chaos, may I help you with anything?" I said smirking. He just groaned, "Ajax, how many times do I have to tell you, it's just Chaos."

"Right, right. My bad just Chaos. And also, 4,567 times is how many." I replied nonchalantly. "Well now 4,568 times Ajax." Piped in Luke (Speedy). I grinned at him while Chaos continued. "Just hurry up and eat, we have a surprise for you. That is, if you accept."Chaos said while Lady Order squealed. I furrowed my eyebrows and ate quickly. Once I was done I got up "Charlie, you too." Now I was even more confused, as was Charlie. But we got up and followed them.

They brought us into their joined office space, which was pretty big. We sat down as did they. "Okay, even though it's your birthday, Ajax, we wanted to ask you guys a question." Order began to tell us. "We would like to adopt both of you." Chaos finished. My jaws dropped and I looked at my sister, she had the same expression. "It will not take away from your own parents, we want you to understand that, they are and will always be your parents. But we would like to be yours as well."

"I would love for you two to be our parents." I said beaming. Charlie did too and nodded her head, tearing up. She doesn't remember our parents like I do, she's only ever had Chaos and Order as parent figures. We all hugged and when we pulled away they spoke again. "Okay, we are gonna give you our blessing, basically so we can adopt you." We nodded and they threw an orb at us. I felt warm, like I was wrapped in blankets. It was nice.

"Now your surprise!" Order said excitedly. I furrowed my eyebrows together but we just waited. All of the sudden Chaos left through a portal and came back with two baby animals. Charlie gasped "They're so cute!" They were foxes. One was white, with icy blue eyes, while the other was black, with white feet and silver eyes. They were about the size of a Harry Potter book (my bad).

"Surprise!" Chaos said as Order smiled at us, "The white one is for you, Charlie. It's a girl. The black one is for Ajax. A boy." I walked over and picked him up, he looked up at me with his big silver eyes. "Do we get to name them?" I asked. I looked away from him and Order smile and nodded. I thought for a moment. "Cosmos. I can call him Cozy." They chuckled, "That's a great name." Said Order, meaning it. I looked over at my sister and she seemed to be thinking, finally she smiled and looked up from her. "Ebony."

"You also will create, overtime, a bond with them. You can also communicate with them." I looked down. Hello? I questioned in the baby foxes head. He looked up at me, Hi! What's your name? I hear you are naming me! What's my name!

I yelped at how fast he was talking to me but smiled and replied My names Ajax, or Percy. You can call me whatever you prefer. I have named you Cosmos, or Cozy. Is that okay? I didn't want him to be unhappy with his name. His ears perked up though. Really? It's a wonderful name! I love it! I chuckled, his voice was very high pitched and adorable. He was also very hyper.

"On the topic of names." Chaos spoke, causing both me and Charlie to look up. "I believe it may be time Charlie can start her proper training for the army." My mouth fell open and Charlie squealed in delight at the news. She's had training of course, for years, but not proper army-ready, training.

"So that means you will need a name in a few years once you properly joined. I figured you'd want one now though." She nodded and thought of a name, she jumps to her feet with Ebony, causing the little fox to squeak in surprise. "Ooh! Ooh! I know I know!" We all laughed at how eager she was and they nodded at her to continue. She grinned and said "Blue." I was confused about the name, but for some reason I thought of my mom. She went out of her way to make me blue food. Her eyes were blue, looked exactly like Charlie's.

"Sounds great." I said sincerely to her, smiling. I did think the name suited her. She grinned and thanked me. Probably also because one of her best friends was Amelia, who's code name was Red. Red and Blue.

"Ebony and Cosmos are also immortal. They will age slowly until they reach six, then they will stop. They can still pass in battle though." We nodded and hugged them once more, thanking them for everything.

We then left and made it back to breakfast where everyone was just finishing up. I went straight over to Bianca and showed her Cosmos, who I was holding in my hands. I stopped just in front of her, my hands underneath Cosmos' arms, holding him up to her.

She looked up at me smiling, when she saw him she shrieked so loudly I thought my ears were gonna bleed. "He's so cute! What's his name? Is he yours?!!" I laughed at her as she grabbed him from me and began cradling him like a baby.

He didn't look to pleased with that but relaxed a bit when I told him it's okay Cozy, she's my girlfriend. You can trust her. "I got him from Chaos and Order. His name is Cosmos. But I like to call him Cozy." She smiled at that and reluctantly gave him back. He curled up in my lap and fell asleep. "Why did you get him? I also saw Charlie got one." I nodded. "Yeah she did too, Chaos and Order kind of adopted us?" But it came out as more of a question.

She smiled widely at me and hugged me. "That's great Ajax!" I hugged her back smiling. We used each other's real names sometimes, but just preferred to use these names. I looked over and noticed Charlie telling Amelia and Leo how she is starting her training while Amelia pet Ebony. "What name did you pick?" Amelia asked her to which she grinned widely and said "Blue." Amelia smiled at her and at the same time they said "Red and Blue!" And started laughing. Leo looked amused at how my sister and his girlfriend were together.

Next we all headed to training, but today, Charlie started hers. I decided to help her for a little bit, not that she needed it, then we started with our new little friends. We taught how to defend themselves, like moving away and how from certain strikes. It didn't last long because they were too cute and kept rolling over or falling down. Afterwards we all headed to shower before dinner.

Today was full of surprises, good ones. I couldn't wait to bond more with Cozy. He was just too cute. He curled up in my lap at dinner as I fed him some steak. Who knew foxes liked steak?

- - -
Hey, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment suggestions! Thanks for reading!

Updating again lol

September 3, 2017