Twenty Two•Thinking like the Enemy

HOLY SHIT THIS STORY HAS REACHED 3K READS

I JUST THANKED YOU GUYS FOR 2K LAST CHAPTER

AND THE VOTES OH MY GEEZUS THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANY OF THIS MEANS TO ME THANK YOU!!

Also I was looking over some of my earlier chapters and I never realized how many mistakes I made. Jeez. Spelling and grammar, I'll go back once this story is done and edit it all, sorry for now about my mistakes. (:

P I P E R

It was the morning of the day End and his followers were supposed to attack. At around eleven, when no one had seen any of Chaos' Army, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Dragging Jason along with me, I marched up to their door, banging repeatedly for a few seconds before standing back. I heard shuffling and papers moving, books falling and grumbles before someone finally opened the door.

"Hi Charlie! Mind if we come in?" I say brightly to the girl. She looked tired, her posture sluggish, hair a mess, and the faint smell of coffee lingering on her from inside the cabin. At the same time, she looked wide awake.

She smiled when she saw us, and turned back to tell some of them to lift their hoods, before inviting us in. It hurt a little that some still didn't trust us enough, but I completely understood. They just needed a bit more time before they revealed a secret they had spent so long keeping away from us and our world. Even if Charlie and I had become quite close in the few weeks they'd been here, she had mentioned waiting until the end of the war. When there was less pressure and things weren't as chaotic. (No pun intended)

We walked in and the place was in complete disarray. It was quite big on the inside, and the entire living space when you walk in had things everywhere you turned.

Tables filled with maps and plans, empty and filled coffee cups littered the area, the faint buzzing of metal on metal could be heard from a room below. Some were at the tables, talking strategy and sipping coffee, listening intently to all the ideas. Others were running around, marking things on maps, gathering weapons and armor. A few were taking turns and running up to brew more and more cups of caffeine that, judging by the amount of cups left scattered amidst the madness, had been taking turns between shifts off patrol. All night.

Jason and I stopped abruptly in the doorway, trying to avoid getting rammed into by an army division member running down the hall towards the drilling sound, metal and others supplies piling up in their arms.

"Holy Hera, what happened in here?" Jason exclaims, while I look at the clutter in utter horror, shuddering at the complete mess they were making. I take a deep breath and open my eyes, smiling at Charlie, who was looking at us with what looked like clear amusement on her face from under her cloak.

AN: Charlie still hasn't shown anyone what she looks like, even if they know who she is, her name and his friends know it's his sister, she still hasn't taken her cloak off. Just in case you were confused by that.

"We just came to check up on you, the only time guys are seen is when you are scrambling back and forth through the door, trying to get to your shifts." Charlie shrugged, maneuvering around the papers and cups to a board at the back of the room, completely taken up by a map.

The map had marker lines and pins scattered across the board, and up close, you could clearly see it was a map of camp. Pins were located at approximate spots of where they would be coming through at. Also being placed at which pairs were patrolling the area. There were names written in neat, but small handwriting at the stations, along with the alternates.

I happened to notice that only four people weren't here right now, and they were the ones who didn't have alternates.

Percy, Parker, Oreo, and Delta were, without a doubt, still watching the sea, though they should really be taking some sort of break.