Thirty•Without You

"And that's how you make a proper sand castle." Percy nodded proudly at his son who merely giggled, bringing up a tiny hand before glancing at his father. "Ben, no, don't do it." Percy warned.

Ben only giggled again, bringing his hand down flat onto the purple sand castle his father had just made with him.

"Noooo!" Percy whined dramatically, turning a look of mock disbelief onto his two year old. "How could you?"

Percy couldn't help his smile as Ben laughed hysterically, little hands clapping in excitement. He paused as he watched him, remembering the day he decided what he would be named.

"Benjamin!" Jason shouted excitedly, scrambling to sit up straight as Piper laughed next to him at his sudden outburst.

"What?" Percy asked, a questioning smile on his face as he sat talking in a circle with all his old friends. They'd been brainstorming baby names for the past half hour when Jason spoke up.

"Think about it. His nickname could be Ben, Benny, Benji...the possibilities are endless!" Jason told them, pouting to Piper when they all just laughed.

"Yeah, okay." Percy told him, "I'll keep that one in mind, man."

Percy never forgot the smile that lit up his face at that.

"Perce!" His name being called is what dragged Percy back to reality. "Are you coming?" Bianca asked her husband, daughter on her hip as she smiled at him.

"Yeah, one second!" Percy picked Ben up and rested him on his hip, tapping his nose, emitting a giggle from the small boy. "Ready to eat, bub?"

Ben eagerly nodded his head, Percy laughing as he turned to head into the house.

"Alright, let's go."

Sitting down with his wife and kids, Percy laughed as their daughter, Tylynn, made a face as Bianca tried to give her carrots.

"Babe, I don't think she likes those."

Bianca rolled her eyes, smiling as she gave up. "Yeah, yeah."

They'd decided to scrap the baby names they'd originally thought of, taking ones that meant more to them after everything. Piper cried when she heard the meaning behind Ben's name. Tylynn comes from Tyler, who is someone Bianca still keeps in close contact with. She was grateful for the girl, who did everything she could to keep them both safe that day. Without her there, Bianca wasn't sure she's be here with her family right now.

They talked and ate and fed their babies throughout dinner, at peace for the time being in their own little bubble.

They were cleaning up when there was a knock on the door, Percy pausing where he'd been helping to clear the table to go answer it.

Opening it, he found a pacing Parker. Turning around at the sound of the door opening, Parker have his brother a shaky smile.

"Parks....what's wrong?" Percy asked hesitantly.

"Oh, you know, everything." Percy glanced behind him, seeing Bianca standing curiously just past Percy.

"Why don't you come in?" Percy suggested, Parker nodding and walking in. "Just give us a few minutes to clean up and put the babies down, okay?" Parker nodded again, already seated with his niece and nephew on his lap.

Percy sighed, going into their kitchen and quickly washing and drying everything with his powers.

Bianca stood off to the side to not get in his way, eyeing his stressed expression with concern. "What do you think it is?" She asked quietly.

"I don't know." Percy answered truthfully. "But I do know my brother. And I know that when he shows up here like this...it's nothing good."

They joined Parker in the living room, Bianca taking the kids from him and leaving the two for a moment.

"What's wrong, Parker?" Percy asked, observing his distraught appearance.

"You know that mission I was sent on a few months back? Over to planet Fury?" Percy nodded, remembering how worried he'd been when he'd heard a few them were leaving to visit.

"Yeah, I do."

"We're not supposed to talk about missions much, as you know." Parker continued. "And I know you don't go out anymore, now that you have people you can't afford leaving. But..."

"Parker." Percy's voice was firm, wanting him to get straight to the point. He saw Bianca come back out of the corner of his eye, lingering by the doorway.

"They took him, Percy." Parker finally looked up, tears in his eyes. "Things went wrong. Things we couldn't control. They got a hold of our location when we'd gotten stuck there all those months ago. I woke up yesterday and..." he wiped the tears off his face. "Please, Percy. I cant do this without you."

Percy couldn't form words, staring at his brothers tear stained face and back to his wife's hardened expression.

He thought about her, his kids, his home. How his life finally seemed to start settling down. It was perfect, but something always felt off in the pit of his stomach.

He thought about Parker, about his mission and Castor and how out of place he looked right now. It'd been a day and he already looked like he was falling apart without him. He imagined how he would feel if that were Bianca in his place.

"What do we need to do?"

-

hehe sorry

but the end !!

sorry these last few chapters suck. finally finished and didn't edit

extended thanks after this !!!