Twenty Eight•Now or Never

lmao what the fuck is up ??

Thank you for 38K reads! <3

AND HOLY SHIT WE MADE IT TO 1K VOTES GUYS THATS WILD THANK YOUU

But let's finish this up WOO

-

Scanning the field, Ajax didn't hesitate as he sliced easily through anything in his way. He watched as slowly, everyone he expected turned up.

Glancing at his sides and who he had standing with him, he felt confident that they could do this.

Right now, all that mattered to him was getting rid of End and staying alive. Ajax didn't have anymore room to worry about anyone else or anything beyond the task at hand; victory was all he needed, and he wasn't going to settle for anything less than that. If he did, who knew what would happen who else they would lose.

He and his team had come here for a reason-it was about time they fulfilled that promise of winning this war-no matter the cost.

Sacrifice was a part of war, and whether they were truly ready or not, they were all prepared to make that sacrifice if needed.

End was stood towards the back of the crowd, watching with a smug look on his face as-even if his army dropped drastically in numbers-they worked themselves to literal death, all in the name of taking at least one of the opposing side.

It was a sick sort of satisfaction End received from this, watching people die at the hands of ones he ordered to, knowing that he caused so much pain upon the lives of so many people.

It was concerning how this fact didn't bother him; Ajax watching the smirk on his face only widen when he spotted them making their way towards him.

End was the type that couldn't be bothered, the events of life itself stripping away any remorse and guilt he might've been able to feel towards these people. He was nothing like his brother, Ajax eternally grateful for that fact.

End's eyes slid over the group of his brothers recruits, analyzing each of them as they approached him. Their tensed shoulders, tight grips on their weapons, fast pace-everything he could get while not actually being able to see their faces. He relied on their stances and positions. Even the toughest and most trained soldier can give away so much information without having to speak. Or in this case, without even showing their face.

"Back so soon?" End taunted, feeling the corners of lips twitch and curl into a satisfied smirk when he saw who he was looking for. Front and center was who he could clearly recognize as Ajax, the seeming leader of his brothers puppets.

"Thought you'd be protecting your damsel in distress right now. What is it she's having? Twins? My, my, how...sweet." His words had effect he hoped for. Grip tightening around his sword, jaw clenching from what was visible beneath his hood. End chuckled, twirling his weapon between his hands as he waited.

They got as close as they dared before a hand went up, the signal getting them all to stop simultaneously just ten feet from End.

"Blaze, is it?" End continued, further riling them all up. "Shame. Saw him fall just like the rest of you will."

Ajax could feel the burning in his chest spreading throughout his body as anger consumed him. He could feel as his arms numbed to the tips of his fingers, his body beginning to shake as he tried to calm down. He knew very well he couldn't let End get to him like this, he wouldn't allow himself to lose control over something he said.

The fight started off as a sort of game, weapons out as they watched, seeing who would dare make the first move. It quickly turned into more as it seemed all that sitting around made End impatient, rushing forward as his blade sliced through the air and clashed with Ajax's. Pushing back, the amount of force put into the move made End stumble slightly.

Recovering quickly, End changed directions, swinging his sword sideways, seemingly disappointed to find that Luna had managed to duck in time.

Before he knew it, he was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people going at him at once. Dodging hits from arrows and blocking incoming slashed, it became some sort of game. Dodge, block, duck, slice, miss-End could feel the aches in his bones from the effort. Despite being who he was and his status in life, war was tiring for everyone. War didn't care what your status was, it made sure to grip and hold onto you tight, draining you both mentally and physically.

The moves and strategies were messy but perfect, each side not willing to give up until they got what they wanted. But in war, only one side wins. They couldn't each get what they wanted, so they would fight to the very end to insure they were on the winning side.

It was almost like a dream to Ajax. The haziness and surrounding memory and all conscious thought. He stood face forward, looking at the expression on a dying mans face. The surprise evident in his eyes as he felt himself slipping away. Body turning to ash and dust as the wind carried him elsewhere.

They all didn't know quite what to do. One minute they were fighting for their lives, wondering if they'd make it back to their friends, families-and now, they were stuck. Frozen in place as everything they've been preparing for and fighting for since they arrived came to an end.

All around them shouts and cries continued, reminding them there was still more to fight for. But now? The hardest part of the war was gone. They'd won.

Ajax couldn't have felt more elated and relieved in his life.

Once End was officially gone, it seemed like the rest of his army was the easiest thing they had ever done. They sliced through them like melted butter, watching them cry and turn to sweet golden dust as they rained all around.

They made it all the way back to camp, watching as the little remaining of the army either ran for their lives or stood and fought, ending up like the rest before them.

Ajax rushed through the crowds of people, seeing familiar faces he was relieved were still there. He scanned everyone, looking for Bianca amongst the crowd.

"Ajax!" He turned in time to catch someone in his arms, tightening his grip when Bianca cried into his shoulder. The relief was clear on both their faces as they pulled away, Ajax's hands resting on either side of her face as he smiled.

"Thank the Gods you're okay."

"I didn't know what was gonna happen." She cried, emotions running wild as he held her.

"It's okay." He whispered, hands holding her head as she leaned against his chest, "We're alright. All four us."

Leaving Bianca with the hunters to rest, once they promised to keep an eye on her, Ajax left to see the damage the camp suffered, as well as going to check on everyone in the infirmary.

He was half way across camp, almost towards the infirmary when he paused.

Ajax in his tracks, standing in the middle of the wreckage. Looking out, fires spread and buildings were crumbling. He watched as people desperately tried to put everything back to its place, try to save those that were lost and on their way to losing.

The air around him shifted into one lighter, still dark and polluted with the ashes from the flames and lost alike. Yet, a tinge of relief mixed with the grief, tense shoulders relaxing once they all realized they weren't in any eminent danger at that second.

He saw the struggle within them all, but also the fight. Even if the threat was gone, they had to keep fighting. For themselves, everyone here, and everyone they lost.

Standing there and looking at everyone around him, Ajax couldn't shake the overwhelming pride he felt. For himself, and for every single person who stood there that day.

-

IM RAPID POSTING THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS SO LOOK OUT FOR THOSE !