Twenty Five•Swept Away

Thank you for 12k reads!!<3
Also, new cover ^•^
-
Bianca sighed as she readied another three arrows, watching as they rained down on unsuspecting victims.

Tyler glanced over at the girl, worried about her.

"Are you okay?"

Bianca looked up and gave the girl a tired smile, along with a thumbs up. Truth was, Bianca was exhausted. Not just from the battle, but she was also pregnant, with twins, no less. Along with the stress of worrying about her soon to be husband, Bianca was ready to lay down across this tree branch and fall asleep.

"Fine, just a bit tired is all. How are you holding up?" She spoke as she reached behind and grabbed another arrow from her quiver, aiming and successfully killing a monster about to attack a camper with their back turned.

She glanced over in time to see Tyler shrug her shoulders, a look of indifference on her face. "I've been better, much rather be out on a hunt then be here."

Bianca nodded in agreement, the two not saying anything more as they continued to shoot down monster after monster.

After another half hour, there was a thunderous roar that shook the tree they were currently in, causing them to hold onto the branches.

They both looked bewildered as they peeked through the opening in the leaves, just to see a drakon. It was roaring and stomping, seemingly angry about the ropes trying and failing to tie it down.

Through all the noise Bianca could hear Tyler mutter an 'oh no' at the sight.

Bianca felt conflicted. She knew she should stay up here, but her heart was telling her to go down there. She could help, knowing the numbers were dwindling as time went on. Everyone wanted her to remain safe, above all. Mainly her team and brother, but she could see where they were coming from.

She just wasn't sure if they could understand where she was coming from. Yes, she wanted to remain safe, for herself and her children. But, is anyone really all that safe through all of this? Bianca wanted to be fighting, helping down there instead of being forced to shoot from a hidden spot in a tree.

She made her decision, making to stand up and leave, alerting Tyler of her movement.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where do you think you're going?" Tyler was standing now as well, hands on her hips as her honey colored eyes bore into Bianca's own dark ones.

Bianca sighed, a hand on her forehead. "Look, I cant stay here anymore. I know you don't want to be here anymore then I do." She looked up at her, Tyler falling silent, knowing it was true. "If it makes you feel any better, we'll still be hidden. We can stay along the tree line, the shadows....they'll never know we're there."

It was silent for a moment, all was heard was the shouts from below. The roaring, the screams, the swords clashing; dust filling the air as more and more of the enemy were defeated.

Tyler looked up at her after a moment, "Fine. But we stay hidden, I don't need your team blaming me because you wouldn't stay put." Bianca smiled happily, glad to leave this tree, while Tyler sighed, slightly agitated. "Let's go."

As the two made their way down the tree, into the darkness of the forest, they kept a look out for anyone near by. Once they were at a spot good enough to continue, their arrows rained down on the battle, much faster now that they were closer to their targets. The two worked side by side for a long period of time, before things started to look up for them, in some ways.

The other side was losing fighters much quicker now, only being down to about a hundred. The good thing, the battle was coming to an end, the bad thing, the end meant it was closer to having to face End. Or as Leo liked to call it, they were almost at the boss level. Where they would face the hardest battle yet to come from what they were already facing. After this level, they went up to a harder opponent.