Twenty Six•Rubble

Another new cover, oops
Of course just as i start to try and see if I could make new covers, I change my username.
Thank you for 14k reads! And all the votes <3

ALSO, I was very inconsistent with my story in between the last two chapters. I ended 24 saying they were about to fight End, and because my updates are spread out I didn't continue with that in the chapter after that.

So I went back and I changed that, HOW DID I DO THAT? I'm sorry about that though.
———

As soon as he could open his eyes properly, Parker instantly regretted it, groaning and throwing his arm to cover his eyes. His throat was dry, and he felt like his insides were ripped apart and then sewn back together. Not the greatest feeling in the world.

"Parker? You're awake, do you need anything?" He waited a second before carefully lifting his arm and opening his eyes, squinting and blinking away the light that flooded his vision. Everything was blurry, but he could just make out the blue hair of Natalie.

"Nat, please tell the sun to go back to sleep." He could hear her chuckle before she walked over to his side, her handing him a glass of water as his vision cleared.

He grabbed it and instantly chugged it, sighing in relief afterwards when his throat didn't burn as much. "You gave everyone quite the scare. I'll be back in a few minutes, seems your brother got himself into some trouble. Do you want me to send him and your sister over after I'm done with him?"

It was now that he looked and saw all the supplies she was carrying in her hands, "Of course he did, and yes, if you can. I'd like to see them." She nodded and said she'd be back, while he leaned his head back and closed his eyes again.

He swallowed as he could hear all the fighting going on around him outside, the sounds of feet running in the infirmary to get to patients. His eyes burned slightly when he closed them, still needing to get adjusted to the light. He could feel he had no shirt on, and that bandaging went around his middle.

Parker heard feet approaching him, opening his eyes and smiling when he saw his brother and sister. "Parker." Charlie breathed out, tears forming in her eyes as she smiled and hugged him. Percy gave him a smile and a hug as well, pulling away as they both sat on the end of his bed.

"What happened to you?" Parker asked, laughing slightly at the bandaging going around his head. He smiled and pat his head, "Oh, you know, the annual drakon throwing competition."

"Oh? Do tell what takes place in this 'drakon throwing competition'?"

Parker then had to sit through a good fifteen minutes of his brother explaining what goes on in such an activity. Ajax gave him a very detailed description of it, using wild hand motions while Charlie sat there shaking her head, looking thoroughly disappointed yet amused.

After a few minutes of just enjoying his siblings' company, Parker saw Charlie nudge Ajax. "We should get going soon, are you okay to head back out there?"

Parker could feel his heart sink as he nodded, taking a deep breath before they both lifted themselves from their spots. Charlie gave him a watery smile before kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair.

"We'll see you when this is all over, alright?" He nodded and gave her a smile as Ajax said goodbye as well, promising to see him later. But Parker hated promises.

As they turned, Parker sat up a bit more before calling to them. "Wait!" They stopped and looked confused, gesturing for me to continue.

Parker's face turned bright red as he asked his question, "Uh, is Sugar doing okay?" He looked uncomfortable as he asked it, more so when his brother and sister sniggered at his face. "Shut up, just answer the question." They stopped and had amused looks on their faces.

"We just saw him before, helped speedy and I get him here," Charlie jerked her finger toward Ajax. "Last we saw he was doing fine, Parks. Why do you ask?" She asked in mock innocence, causing Parker to throw a pillow in their direction.

They side stepped, only to hit Natalie in passing. She stopped, before turning slowly and glaring in his direction, causing him to gulp. "Glad you're feeling better and all, but watch it." She growled at him, glaring at the other two before rushing off again.

The three were silent before grinning at each other, "We really should go now." Charlie said once again a few moments later, right before they heard the sound of an explosion in the distance, along with yelling.

"Go. They need you more than I do, I'll live." He smiled at them, "Be safe." They nodded and left him alone once more.

As soon as they were out of sight, he closed his eyes and rested his head once more, sighing. He felt terrible, only wanting to sleep for the rest of the week.

"Parker?" He hummed at the person, showing he was listening. "It's Will Solace, I thought you should know that while we were working, we found something you should probably hear."

Annoyed that his sleep was delayed once more, interested and yet worried, he sat up, giving him his full attention. What could they have found?

Getting back out there with her brother was something Charlie was not happy about. Not only was he hurt, she could tell he was tired. They were all so, very tired. Exhausted behind belief, worried over her family and friends, and all in all mad at the world, Charlie rushed into the crowd. She followed the sounds she heard, those it was hard to pinpoint the sound of a explosion with so much going on.

Smoke rising into the air was her first clue, giving her a path to follow. Arriving at the scene, Charlie had to stop herself short as she almost fell into a crater. Not yet knowing what the cause was, she stayed clear of any of the substances she found on the ground near the explosion. Her main focus was on getting anyone help that needed it in the area. And that seemed to be a lot of people.

A few she recognized as a part of the Alpha Division, unfortunately not needing any help. Running over to the first person she saw had survived whatever had gone on, she knelt beside her. Panic rushed through her as she recognized her. Piper.

"Piper! Are you okay? What happened?" She held the sides of Piper's face, trying to keep her awake while a few people were trying to make their way over to them. Piper's head lulled back and forth, eyes barely open as she struggled to remain conscious.

"E-explosion. Where's J-Jason? He was with me, where is he?" Trying to sit up wasn't her best move, as she immediately cried out as her body screamed in protest at the movement.

"Don't worry, we'll find him, but you need help right now, okay?" She nodded slowly, eyes fluttering shut as Sugar and Enigma reached them. "Get her to the infirmary quickly, I need to find Jason." They nodded and were soon off to get Piper help. Arriving she got the help she needed, though she wouldn't wake up for quite some time.

Meanwhile, Charlie searched the rubble for Jason Grace, almost giving up when she saw a hand sticking out from under a rock.

———
Heeeeyyyy
I haven't updated in awhile yikes
But I have some originals and others coming exciting stuff I know but uh yeah you should check them out (no PJ sorry)
I hoped you liked this chapter