Chapter 2.8

"Need some help?"asked someone from not afar.

"Dad!"cried Suzie happily.

"I thought I might have some fun in Wonderland, me and Polly,"laughed Alistar. "That's when we saw that."

"We are going to Chess Board Gardens, father."

"I don't think you can, yet," mumbled Polly from behind.

"Why?"

Dally and Ryder turned towards the iron gates, the sun was setting.

"The gates are closed," explained Dally. "Which means another battle has begun. And my father..." She gave a great sigh.

"It's night time and very dangerous," added Ryder. "We shall set our camp here... just we don't have the equipment."

"Never worry, I set up everything!" said Alistar, pointing at the campsite.

Soon, the moon rose and shone down upon the campers. The camp fire cackled wildly. Suzie noticed Liana sitting next to Alistar, chatting.

"Why...?"

"Let them catch up," said Polly in an assuring tone. "Princess Liana was your father's best friend when he lived in Wonderland. She treated him like how she would to a brother. They were...close."

Suzie smiled as her eyes became heavy and drifted off to sleep.

_________

Yeah, so I know this is all lame-o and stuff. But the exciting parts are coming and I'm telling you there's still a whole long way up ahead.

Anyway, it's explanation time.

It's almost time for school (school starts on September 1st) as you can see and I haven't finished my holiday HW until last night, so I had to hurry and I practically skipped both updating sessions on Friday and Monday. So sorry guys.

Also, no pics today, sorry. Perhaps I'll open an EXTRA chapter after next chapter.

See you, and I promise, I'll try to update on time...

(But not all promises can be kept guys, school's starting and I'm having doubts.)

-M.H. 21:51 30/8/17