There is Only One Way

"Who did this?" I ask in a small voice.

I was staring at the ground and I had a blanket wrapped around me as I sat in the chair next to the window.

"As I said before, there are angels after you-"

"Yeah me! Not him!" I yell, cutting off Cas.

"It's their way to get to you, Erin," Cas raises his voice, "Since they don't know where you are, that's the closest they could get to you."

I look back down at the floor and watch as a tear falls.

"Erin, you okay?" Dean asks carefully after a few silent minutes.

It wasn't careful enough and I lose it.

"Okay? Okay! I'm far from okay, Dean! I have no one. You hear me? No one! At least I had some kind of relation I knew about until now! And it's all because of angels. Angels just don't have a freakin care in the world!"

"Erin!" Cas stops me. "That's enough."

I close my mouth and look deep in his eyes and we have a stare off. It lasts a while before a loud knock comes from the door.

I turn quickly toward the noise and my heart rate increases.

Dean grabs his pistol, Sam, his gun, and Cas slides his angel blade through his sleeve. I stand up and Cas pushes me behind him as protection or something.

The knocking gets louder and louder and louder until it suddenly stops. Sam shuffles a bit, waiting to see if it would start up again. It doesn't and he takes a steady step forward. Before he could touch the knob, the door flies open and Sam goes with it, hitting the back wall.

I scream and see a flash of terror on Dean's face. I watch as a man walks in, holding an angel blade. Cas takes a step forward in front of Dean.

Dean takes a few steps back, knowing a pistol won't stop an angel.

"I knew we would find her with you. Why do you think we killed Gabriel?" The angel tilts his head with a smirk on his face.

Cas scrunches his eyebrows.

"We knew if you find Gabriel dead, you would take him to his daughter. And here she is," he turns to me and keeps the smile.

I take a step back and a deep swallow. He steps forward and Cas stops him. The angel looks back at Cas and raises his angel blade. As he strikes down, Cas swings his up to stop it. He twists his wrist to sling the blades away. It slides across the floor and stops at my feet. Cas grabs the angels shoulders and pushes him back and slams him to the wall.

"Leave now," Cas demands in a deep voice.

"It isn't that easy, Castiel," the angel chuckles.

"It can be," Cas replies.

The angel shakes his head. "Sorry. But it can't. It doesn't matter. We will find and kill her somehow someway. Kill me and someone else will find her and then you will kill him, but it will repeat, and repeat, and repeat until the job is finally done. You can't run away from it this time, Castiel. We are faster than you, stronger even."

Cas pushes him harder to the wall and I watch as he tenses. I grab the angel blade laying on the floor in front of me and run toward the angel. I swing the blade in the side of his head, watching him explode in a white firework.

Cas lets him go and he falls limp. I look into Cas's eyes with my teary ones.

"Cas.. This isn't going to end," I choke out. I couldn't get out what I've been wanting to say.. Or do.. For a long time.