Finding the Lost

I decided to keep that as a secret. About seeing my mother as a figment or hallucination. That means Sam and Dean won't know that Cas escaped somehow. I'll have to tell them at some point, but how?

I moan and shuffle a bit, making a sudden feeling of needing to pee.

"Pull over, Dean, I gotta us it," I say with some complaint in my tone.

"There's a rest stop right up here, just wait a minute."

"I can't wait, Dean! This is an emergency!" I couldn't help but feel aggravated and just plain out annoyed.

"Erin, I know you probably have hormones and crap but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick," Dean spits.

I take a deep breath to control my anger. He's right, I shouldn't be like this. I need to control myself. I take another breath and just like that we were at the rest stop. I leap from the car and quickly make my way to the women's restroom. After taking my time, I walk out and see Dean waiting impatiently at the car.

"Where's Sam?" I ask.

"Vending."

I nod.

"What's up with you?" I ask after a while of awkwardly leaning against the Impala in silence.

"Nothing," he states.

"Yeah it sure sounds like nothing."

There was another silence. This time it was just plain awkward. It kind of pierced me and made me feel uncomfortable to the point where I would talk about anything just to get out of the silence.

"So.." he breaks the silence, "How does it feel.. to be pregnant by an angel?"

That was an awkward question but I did say I would talk about anything to get away from the silence.

"No different than just a regular baby, I think. Not that I know that."

He just nods.

"Why?" I ask.

He laughs like it was a stupid question. "Just wondering. I think it's just funny.. You and Cas. The angel that tried to kill you when you first met."

I laugh and actually blush a little, thinking about it.

"Yeah, I thought it was crazy but.. then again, Metatron did lie and told him that it was for good."

He laughs again.

"Ready to hit the road?" Sam yells from behind me, making me jump at the sudden noise.

Dean slaps the hood once and walks to the driver's side. Sam opens the back for me and I thank him as he walks to his side.

Right as I sat down, I heard a voice. It was sudden and I quickly gripped my temple.

"Erin, you okay?" Dean was looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah," I mumble just as I began to make out the voice.

"Erin," the voice sounded like my mother, "I know where Castiel is. He's at a gas station a few miles from the church. Go there soon, there may be trouble from Metatron's helpers."

I flick my eyes open and immediately try to think of a plan to get them to hurry. Also stop at a gas station in the process. If I told them I knew where Cas was, they would wonder how and now is not the time!

"Thanks," I whisper back.

Then there was silence.

*****************************