This Is It

This is it. I'm going to die. I'm letting everyone down. My baby, Cas, Sam and Dean. It isn't fair.

I felt the blade begin to cut skin and I felt as if my heart was going to pop out of my chest. But something incredible happened.

Metatron was jerked off of me and slammed against the wall. I gasp for air before I turn around to see.. see..

"Mom?" I practically whisper.

"Stay away from her!" She shouts in Metatron's horrified face.

"B-But we killed you! You're dead!" He stutters.

She laughs and glances over her shoulder at me, tilting her head in the direction of the angel blade on the floor. I grab it and slowly walk up to him. This is it.

I lift my shaky arm and slam my hand against his neck, my fingers almost touching the wall behind him. He starts to tremple and gasp for air but I showed no mercy.

"This," I whisper in his face, "is for all of the suffering you and your kind put me through."

I lift the blade as high as my arm could reach and slam it with all my might into his chest, causing an eruption of white lights and screaming. I hold the blade in his chest until the light show was over and his body was limp on the floor. I didn't care how harsh it seemed, I was glad it was over.

I pull back my arm, leaving the blade in its place, and take a deep gasp of breath before falling unconscious on the floor.

******************************

"Erin," My name echos in the distance. "Erin!"

My eyes shoot open and I sit up quickly, only having to lay back down due to a head rush.

"Easy, Erin," Dean says, quietly.

"wha-What happened?" I ask, out of breath for some reason.

"You did it, Erin, you defeated him," Sam says, almost as quiet as Dean.

I look up at Cas and smiled, stroaking his face with my right hand. He smiled back at me and helped me off the floor.

"I hope that didn't hurt the baby," I say, laughing a bit.

I instantly stopped laughing when I looked around the room. The archangels were all gone and someone was standing in the corner. Mom

"Mom? How are you... how are you here?" I whisper.

She smiles and steps closer to me, placing her hands on my cheeks.

"Oh Erin, my have you grown."

"How are you doing this? Can the others see you? Where have you been for the past 3 months!" My voice began to rise in anger.

"Ssshh, Erin, calm down. It's okay. It took me that long to get enough strength to be here in person and physically be seen and touched. And yes they can see me," She laughs a little at the last sentence.

I let out a little cough but I couldn't hold it in. A tear escaped my eye and it kept coming. My mother pulled me to her loving chest and caresed my hair as I kept sobbing.

"Erin, I must go, but just know, that I am very proud of you," She smiles, stroking the tears off my cheeks with her thumb.

She begins to vanish before my eyes, but says, "I love you."

Her voice echoed through my mind. "Please don't leave me," I sob at the empty space in front of me.

I felt a pair of arms around me and I fall into them when I realize it was Cas.

A minute or so passes by and I finally stop crying. I slowly get to my feet and hug Cas, tight.

I nod at the boys and we all walk back to the car. I was still crying silently on the way back to the motel. Now that the whole weight of Metatron was lifted off my shoulders, I felt.. happy. But now my mother is gone. For good.

I slowly walk into the room and fall onto the bed. I felt empty, not knowing what to do. Everything seemed okay. Now the baby can be born with no problems and I can have a family.

My eyes grew weak as Sam, Dean and Cas walk in the room. I crawl under the sheet and Cas follows, sliding in next to me.

"Sorry about your grace, Cas. I would have gotten it back if I knew where it was but Metatron-"

"Erin, don't worry about my grace."

"But it's a big part of you and-"

"No, I mean don't, because I have it back."

"What!"

"Yes, when you killed Metatron, It just came back to me. I don't know how but.."

"Cas, this is great!" I was smiling brightly at this point and I leaned up and gave him a long hard kiss before falling back into place. "So, you're going to watch me sleep?" I laugh.

"Most likely," he smiles.

I laugh and lean my head against his chest.

"Goodnight," I whisper.

"Goodnight."