two

"It was like making out with a fish" Luna tells Emma and I about some kid she hooked up with last weekend.

"A fish?" Emma asks.

"Yep. Just like it"

"How do you even know what kissing a fish is like?"

"I don't know, I have my instincts" Luna says and Emma nods.

I'm spinning my apple in my hand. I'm just not hungry today.

"Rach are you just gonna stare at it all day long?" Emma asks me.

"I'm not hungry" I say and shove it back into my backpack. Emma and Luna share a look then look back to me.

"Are you ok?" Emma asks.

"Yeah we're pretty worried about you Rach" Luna adds in.

"What? Yeah i'm fine. Don't worry about it i'm fine" I say. They sigh and keep eating their food.

"How about we do something tonight? Take your mind off today" Emma says.

"Yeah! We can get some dinner or have a movie night" Luna says.

"I wish but I have work" I tell them. Luna groans and rolls her eyes.

"Just skip it! I'm pretty sure there are other white basic girls dying to work today" Luna says and I shake my head.

"Just because it's a Starbucks doesn't mean only white girls work there"

"I'm not saying only, i'm just saying majority" she tells me with a wink.

"Yeah yeah whatever but I can't skip a day. I really need to get some money especially with school starting up. I have to get the twins' lunches and my lunch and I just need the money" I say.

"Well we are going to visit you then" Emma says.

"And make it the most complicated order you've ever gotten" Luna adds.

"No, Luna. We will go just to say hi" Emma tells her.

"Sorry for wanting to have some fun with it" Luna puts her hands up defensively and we all laugh.

The rest of the day goes by slowly, especially on a day like this. There's nothing I'd rather do than go home and sleep for the rest of the day. Rest of the week even.

The last bell finally rings and I shut my notebook. Everyone rushes out while I take my time to put my stuff away. It's a lot easier this way.

"Hey Rachel" a voice says from above me. I look up and see Zander Briggs.

"Oh hey Z" I smile and go back to putting everything away.

"I was wondering if I could walk you out?" he asks and I blush. Thank God i'm looking at my bag.

"Y-yeah sure" I stutter. I mentally curse myself out for stuttering.

I sling my backpack onto my shoulder and get up to leave the classroom. I thank the teacher and we leave.

"How was your day?" he asks.

"It was ok, really tiring though. How was yours?"

"Boring as usual. But now it's getting better" he smirks and I blush, again. Damn it.

"So homecoming's coming up. Are you ready?"

He better take the hint and ask me. Just get it over with Zander.

"I hope so. We've won against the Lions for the past three years so I really don't want to end the streak." he tells me.

"I'm sure you'll do great. I mean I can tell the star Wide Receiver is going to do just fine" I say with a smile.

"Ohh so you know your terminology huh?" he smiles back.

"I'd like to say so" I say as we get to my car.
"Well this is my ride" I tell him.

"I like the teal. Not a lot of those out there"

"I chose it so you know it's me when you see it"

"Well I'll definitely know now" he says.

I open up the car door and throw my bag onto the other seat. I rest my head against the door and wait for him to talk again.

"I'll see you around then" he says and taps the car door before walking away.

That's it?

I don't say anything back and just get into my car. I watch him walk to his car and pull out his football bag before walking back to the high school. Practice.

I'm still confused as I drive away to Starbucks. I brought up homecoming to make it easier for him to ask me and he didn't. And he just said 'see you around' before walking away. I actually thought he was going to kiss me or something. I'm such an idiot.

I get to the Starbucks and shove my phone into my pocket. I grab my apron and visor out of my trunk before running inside to start my shift.

"Finally!" Maddie shouts as I walk in. I relieve her from her shift every day I work.

"I'm here ten minutes early" I tell her.

"I was done for the day the second I got here" she says and I laugh. Maddie says bye and runs out the door.

Like usual, i'm the youngest one working here. Everyone is either in college or is working part-time while they try and get their career as a star going.

I throw my hair up into a ponytail before putting on the visor and go over to the cash register to wait for people to come in. They assigned me here because I look the most 'likable' and have good social skills. I've only made around ten drinks out of my entire five months working here. I'm not complaining though.

I peer outside, squinting since I left my glasses in my school bag, and see two boys walking. They look tall, very built, and have dark brown, fluffy hair. They also look like twins maybe.

"Oh my God" I mutter.

"You good Rachel?" my coworker Ben asks me.

"Uh yeah um I just need to text someone really quick" I tell him.

"Ok just make sure Adam doesn't see you" he says back and I nod. I take out my phone from my pocket and tremble as I type.

To: Luna & Emma
The Dolan Twins are here