six

"I still can't get over yesterday" Luna says and pretends to faint. Some freshman stares at her with his eyes wide and we just laugh.

"How'd Mitch take all your fangirling?" I ask Emma about her boyfriend.

"I'm not telling him" she says to us.

"How can you not tell him? I've told literally everyone in my sight" Luna says.

I laugh and shake my head. "Seriously Luna?"

"Yes! Not a lot of people are interested though."

"I wonder why" I joke.

"Don't you judge my boys like that"

"I'm not judging. I'm just saying not everyone is going to be interested when you're shouting about how you met two white boys in their faces" I tell her and Emma starts dying of laughter. Luna just rolls her eyes and changes the conversation.

"So how is Mitch anyways"

"He's good. Working on football and stuff" Emma tells us.

"Is he coming over later?" I ask.

"Most likely. He may bring Zander too"

"Shit I completely forgot about him"

"Were you too busy thinking about little old Ethan?" Luna jokes and I hit her arm. "Ow!"

"I was just really busy yesterday. And what about Grayson? You just pushed him off to the side"

"I know you aren't thinking about fucking Grayson after yesterday's exchange"

"And why not?"

"Because it's obvious you and Ethan were into each other. We aren't stupid Rach"

"I don't know about that" I tease and get up so she doesn't have the chance to hit me.

"I'll see you guys tonight. 6:30 sharp!" I yell to them.

"Why are you looking at me?" Luna asks and I laugh before leaving the cafeteria.

I go to my homeroom and see Mrs. Humphrey's teaching a class. I knock on the door and everyone turns towards me.

"Hey Mrs. H. Can I hang out with you?" I ask.

"Don't you have class?" she asks.

"Lunch. And i'm bored so I wanted to come see you" I say and put on a big smile.

"Alright but you better not disturb the class" she tells me. I give her a high five as I walk by and take a seat in the back.

The class is filled with freshman learning biology. They all looked at me like they want to kiss the ground I walk on or something. Perks of being a senior.

"So back to evolution-"

"Darwin!" I scream from the back. Half the freshman laugh and the other half are scared by my sudden outburst.

"Thank you for that wonderful insight Rachel" Mrs. Humphrey remarks sarcastically.

"I think I should take over the class"

"I'm not sure about that"

"Are you afraid i'm going to be a better teacher?" I joke and the freshman start oohing.

"Fine. Go right ahead. It'll give me time to grade papers" she says and takes a seat at her desk.

"Hell yeah" I jump out of my seat and make my way to the front.

"Watch your language missy"

"Sorry Mrs. H" I apologize and go to the podium.

"Before we start, are there any questions?"