eight

The final bell rings and once again, Zander comes over to me.

"Hey Mitch invited me over later. Is that alright?" he asks.

"Yeah of course" I say with a smile.

"Great so I'll see you then" he smirks and leaves the classroom, hitting the top of the doorframe as he walks out.

I put everything away and go to my locker, where Emma is waiting.

"Can we please do a Starbucks run?" she asks.

"Yeah we need to pick up Chris and Molly first though" I tell her.

I get all my books and Emma and I walk to my car.

"Where's Luna?" I ask.

"Probably hooking up with some guy in the locker room. She told me she'd meet us at the house"

We put our backpacks in the trunk and get it to the car.

"So I heard Zander is coming too" Emma says as I pull onto the street.

"Yeah Mitch invited him"

"You two would be really cute together" she says and I smile.

"I don't know" I mutter.

"I know you're caught up on Ethan but give Z a chance" she says and I try not to blush.

Emma is the one person I will tell everything to. I love Luna to death, but some things are better kept from her.

"Em I can't stop thinking about him. Today in Humphrey's I was describing my 'type' to the freshman for some project and I just kept thinking of Ethan."

"Woah woah woah. What type of project requires knowing someone's type?"

"Humphrey is making them find me a guy for homecoming" I tell her and she laughs.

"That's so great. But back to Ethan, do you think that tweet was about you?"

"I'm not sure. He meets so many people in a day. Our little exchange was just because he almost killed me and felt bad. It's not really important" I say.

"He didn't have to though. He helped you fix yourself up."

"He held the wipes Emma."

"Whatever, he still could've just made sure you were ok and left but he didn't"

I'm saved by the sight of my siblings' elementary school pulling up on the right. We pull into the lot and wait for the kids to start piling out.

"What are we gonna do tonight?" Emma asks me.

"I can see if my neighbors will watch Molly and Chris so we can all hang out at home"

"Starbucks first though"

"Yes of course" I say and she cheers.

Kids start to come into sight so I get out of my car and wait to see Molly and Chris. I spot them talking and looking around for my car. I stand onto the tire and hold onto the top of my car while I wave to them. They see me and start running over.

"Hey guys" I hop down to give them hugs.

"I'm hungry" Chris says.

"We are going to Starbucks don't worry" I tell them and open up the back door so they can get in.

"Hi guys" Emma says and they get all excited.

"Emma!" They shout and we laugh.

"I missed you two"