Ch 11 Oilspill escape

(Flameslinger's point of view)
Flameslinger quickly and carefully made his way throughout the refinery, looking all around for an exit. One may think a blindfold would ruin one's chances in this senairio, but it actually helped him more due to him relying on his "mind's eye" most of the time. As he ran past the heavy machinery and oil drums he finally found what he was looking for, a big garage door leading to the trolls' ship hanger. *There may not be enough room on the Dread Yacht*, he thought, *but we can probably jack a couple of troll ship's, good thing I paid attention in "Sky vehicle class."* However, Flameslinger soon heard the clanking of metal and heavy footsteps everywhere. *Shit! Our distraction must have been
fixed!* He then quickly and quietly made his way back to the prison chamber, luckily before the guards did.

"Did you find a way for us to leave?" Asked Stealth elf. "Yes, but we have to hurry, all of the trolls are returning to their positions." No sooner had he said that two trolls began yelling and two of the gillmen opened fire on them, killing them instantly. "Looks like now we really have to go," said Stealth elf.

The two elves led the gillmen out of the chamber and straight into the refinery. Flameslinger ran into one of the trolls and drop kicked him, then proceeded to shoot more trolls with flaming arrows. "To the docks!" He yelled to his teammate. She nodded, and led the gillmen towards the hanger and boarded one of the trolls' ships, after making sure all of the gillmen were safely in the cargo hull she ran back out to help Flameslinger and the volunteer gillmen. The battle was starting to get fierce and it looked like they were going to get overwhelmed by trolls, until Spyro and Cynder flew in through the back entrance they had come in from. "I heard some action in here, and I couldn't resist joining the battle," he stated. "No worries, Spyro," said Flameslinger, "we need the back up!"

After tons of more trolls had fallen, Flameslinger motioned towards the docks. As his friends and the gillmen boarded the ship, Flameslinger took aim and shot flaming arrows at machines, leaking pipes, and the huge oil well itself. He then went to follow the others and they all managed to take off before the whole factory burst into flames.

"I'll go tell the others on the Dread Yacht we succeeded", said Spyro, he opened up the window on the side of the window and leapt out so he could fly to their other ship. Stealth elf and Flameslinger kept the ship steady as they set a course for the academy.

Hours later, they landed the ship gently ( and with more skill than Flynn) on the beach. They opened the cargo bay doors, and all of the gillmen ran out and dove into the clear blue ocean at the academy's beach, they could finally get some fresh oil-free sea water. Flameslinger made his way off the ship and ran straight to Eon and Hugo. "Ah, Flameslinger, are you here for the next mission?" Asked Hugo. "Yes", said Flameslinger, "I'm wanting to see what source we need next." "Not so fast Flameslinger," said Eon, I believe there's someone who wants to give all of you thanks." Flameslinger ran back to the beach to see professor Gillgrunt. "Thank you, cadets," he said, "you have no idea how much it means to me that you saved my family!" Tears of joy began to form slightly, "it really does mean a lot to me." The four cadets looked out towards the sea to see the the gillmen children playing happily amongst the waves and the gillmen peacefully swimming as if they were never in danger at all. Flameslinger couldn't help but grin from ear to pointed ear.

Gillgrunt wiped his face, "alright," he said, "let's get back to work, you four have sources to find" the four nodded and headed back up the stone staircase to see Hugo. He set the dial to the teal gem and began to focus the lens, "there we go, much better." "What source is next?" Asked Spyro, Hugo turned to face the team, "next we'll need to find the eternal water source, but we won't be able to harness it without a special machine part called the twin spouts of Atlantica." "Well where are they?" Asked Stealth elf. "I'm not sure, I'm able to see them in the telescope, but I'm not sure where it is, it definitely doesn't look like the aqua temple where they would be". "Let me have a look!" Said Flynn, he casually strode up to the telescope and took a good look through the lens. "Woah, that's dark water cove!" he yelled, "home of some of the nastiest pirates in Skylands, and it looks like ol' captain Fright beard has your Golden spout thingies", he added. "The pirates must have stollen it from the temple", said Gillgrunt, "I bet those gold spouts would fetch a pretty penny for a pirate." "Cadets, you must head there soon, we must not let Fright beard get away with the spouts!" Shouted Hugo, the four agreed, and rushed to the Dread Yacht with Flynn.

Mean while from within his lair, Kaos grit his teeth trying to keep from getting upset, but more than a thousand barrels-worth of oil, along with with his whole oil drilling factory had gone up in flames. "AAAAARRGGGHHH! Glumshanks!" He yelled "bring me my juice!!!!!" The troll walked to Kaos and handed him a juice box from the fridge, the evil portal master tried to calm his nerves. After a brief drink, he cleared his throat, "Tell my squid-faced brutes to head for Leviathan bay," he ordered, "make sure no one tries to get that water source!" "Yes sir," replied his loyal Butler.