Ch 19 Gear of gold

(Cynder's point of view)
Once back at the ruins of the academy, Cynder and Stealth elf walked up to the core. "I fear the corruption is spreading cadets, but there is still a chance to save our world," said Eon, "now you bring the eternal life source, a symbol of hope, it's true power lies within." The source made its way beneath the stone circle and took root below. Vines began to sprout and grow, winding around the crystal and pipe work before two flowers sprouted out of the circle and gave off a pink energy to the core.

 Vines began to sprout and grow, winding around the crystal and pipe work before two flowers sprouted out of the circle and gave off a pink energy to the core

"

"

Now we just need to find the eternal tech source!" Said Hugo, he turned the dial to the orange gem and looked through the telescope. As he was looking, a troll began to approach him! Cynder jumped to help Hugo, but was surprised to see that the troll kindly greeted him, and Hugo shook his hand. "Boomer! It's good to see you old friend! What brings you here?" "I came seeking help from the Skylanders, but what happened?" Boomer asked. "Kaos attacked and the core was destroyed, the only cadets who can help right now are these four," Hugo awnsered. Boomer turned to the group, "this may surprise you, but I am actually a demolition expert for the mabu defense force, I've come because Kaos' troll army has some thing of great power locked up in their warehouse. We don't know what it is, but we do know that if they keep it, our forces will really be in trouble. Last I heard that it was possibly some golden gear," Boomer explained. Hugo instantly turned to him. "That's not just any golden gear, Boomer, it's THE GOLDEN GEAR, we need it in order to harness the eternal tech source!" Boomer instantly shot up, "if that really is the Golden gear, than we have no time to lose! Follow me cadets!" The four teens rushed with Boomer to his ship, as they headed to the battle field.

The battle between the mabu and trolls was fierce, and by fierce, I mean the mabu were hiding in their bunkers while trolls tried to bust through their defenses. When the ship landed, Boomer threw a stick of dynamite at one of the troll tanks that were rolling up to their defenses. The dynamite slid down the gun's barrel and the tank exploded, taking out a few enemy troops and armored attack chompies with it. All the cadets could say was, "woah."

"I've returned with a few Skylanders sir!" Boomer saluted to the robot general standing in front of him. "Good work soldier! Rizzo says he needs some help with a few tries by the south wall, can you take care of it?" Boomer nodded, and made his way to Rizzo. The general then turned to face the cadets. "My data base reads that you four are still cadets, is Boomer sure he brought Skylanders?" The general questioned. "We're all that's left sir!" Spyro awnsered, "we got hit pretty bad by Kaos' attack, so we've been putting the core back together, we've pretty much restored half of it!" "Well I guess if you all have come that far, then I guess you're more than capable!" He awnsered. "All we need is a safe path cleared for our forces to make it to the warehouse and regain that gear!" "Me and Spyro will scout from the sky!" Said Cynder, "Stealth elf and Flameslinger will stay and help out with the trolls." "No arguments here, HURRAH!"

After a few minutes, Spyro and Cynder returned. "Anyway to get through the defenses?" Asked General robot. "It looks like the mine field outside of the warehouse has a safe path running through it, but if we could somehow set off all the mines, all of the mabu could safely rush in," Cynder explained. "It would also take out some of their soldiers!" "I'm on it!" Shouted Flameslinger, he pulled as many arrows out of his quiver ad elvenly possible and shot them up in the air. The rain of firey arrows landed in the field and blast after blast of mines exploding soon followed. After about 15 minutes, the explosions stopped and the army of many were able to storm the place.

Spyro and Flameslinger once again were tasked with carrying a heavy relic. "Women!" The said in unison, before loading it on Boomer's ship to take it back to the core.

From deep within the corruption storm, Kaos began getting cranky again. "They stole my gear!!! My golden gear!!!" He yelled. Glumshanks then made the mistake of saying, "next they'll be after your goo." "You're right!! Call out the entire troll army! THIS! MEANS! WAR!!!!"