Ch 14 Stone town

(Stealth elf's point of view)
When the ship landed, the cadets wasted no time in bringing the water source to the core. Spyro held it up and let it levitate to the machine, the egg shaped bubble popped and the radiant water poured into the spouts. A huge stone column raised up with the spouts at the top and the water began to flow through the pipes and the canal, the two spouts began to spray water like a fountain into the two stone statues, continuing the flow.

 A huge stone column raised up with the spouts at the top and the water began to flow through the pipes and the canal, the two spouts began to spray water like a fountain into the two stone statues, continuing the flow

"Well done cadets!" Exclaimed Eon, "now water has returned to the core!" "What Source is next?" Asked Stealth elf. "Next we need to find the eternal earth source," said Hugo, "luckily, our friends in Stone town had found it on a hiking expedition, they said they'd call us back, but we haven't heard back from them!"

No sooner had Hugo finished, a hot air balloon with a hole in it came tumbling down towards the beach, Stealth elf and Flameslinger ran to it to see if the pilot was okay. The female mabu who had been piloting the vessel stumbled out of the basket holding her head, "ow...What a landing!" "Are you okay?" Stealth elf asked. "Just a little shook up, but it could be better," she awnsered. "Cali!" Yelled Flynn, "Did ya come all this way to see me?" He asked in a flirtatious tone. "Ugh.... Hi Flynn, good to see you haven't changed," she awnsered.

She then turned to the two elves, "I thought there were more cadets," she said. "Yeah, it's a long story," said Flameslinger, "so do you two know each other?" "We actually took flying lessons together in wind valley," she awnsered, "but we ended up going our separate ways, me going back home to Stone town."
"Speaking of which, is it true that you found the eternal earth source?" Asked Stealth elf.

"Oh!" She shouted, "you wouldn't believe this, but the earth source turned into some kind of monster, and it's attacking Stone town!" "We better hurry, come on Cali!" Shouted Stealth, she gathered up her friends and they all boarded the Dread Yacht for Stone town.

Stone town wasn't that far, and quite frankly was usually a peaceful town on the mountain side, but of course not with a big rock monster wreaking up the place. Flynn landed the ship and the team jumped off. "Anyone have any ideas?" Asked Spyro.

Stealth elf studied the situation at hand, the monster was huge, made of thick brown stone, and had two gems for eyes. "What if we led it away from the town first?" Stealth elf suggested, "it's worth a shot," replied Spyro.

Spyro and Cynder flew up the the stone beast and used their elemental breath on it, "HEY ROCKY! BET YOU CAN'T CATCH US!" Spyro yelled. The earth source roared in anger and began to chase and swing at the two dragons. They kept flying until the source had chased them down to the foot of the mountain. When the earth source was safely away from Stone town, they circled back around and began to attack the creature to keep it busy while their friends made a plan.

Stealth elf and Flameslinger circled the attacking monster looking for a weak point, until they saw his back had a huge crack running down it. "That's it!" Said Flameslinger, he ran at full speed, using the side of a hill as a ramp, he jumped towards the monster and kicked the weak spot with full force. It didn't work, he ended up hitting the monster hard and falling to the ground. "Are you okay!?" Stealth elf asked really concerned, "I'm fine, I didn't break anything," replied Flameslinger. "Good," said Stealth elf, who then proceeded to slap him across the face. "OW! What was that for!"  "Worrying the shit out of me," she replied, "now let's see if we can find another way to take it out."

The two elves looked around until they saw a conveniently placed cannon. The two looked at each other, then grinned. Flameslinger moved the cannon into position, and lit the fuse, the cannon roared as a cannon ball flew through the air and burst through the stone behemoth. When the dust cleared, the tired dragons got the earth source and headed back with their elven friends to the Dread Yacht.