Ch 32 Peace at last

(Flameslinger's point of view)
The Hydra landed on the beach near the core in front of a surprised group of people. It let Stealth elf and Flameslinger gently on to the beach, and threw Kaos to the ground so hard his head got stuck in the sand. After Glumshanks let go of it's tail, the peaceful creature flew off into the sunset. Spyro watched as it flew away with a warm smile. "Hey Spyro? How did you know it was actually peaceful?" Flameslinger asked. "I didn't know that much," Spyro replied, "but I know Kaos was controlling it by force, and it wanted to be free."

"That Hydra was the original gaurdian of the core," said Eon as he floated up to the group. "After many years of peace, it went into deep hibernation because it wasn't necessary to guard the core anymore, it was the only thing strong enough to destroy it, which is why Kaos took control of it." "If it's supposed to be the gaurdian of the core, why didn't it stay?" Asked Cynder. Eon gave the group a warm smile, "because it doesn't need to, it knows that the core has four dedicated gaurdians now, the four of you." The four proud teens beamed with pride.

Kaos pulled his head out of the sand, "this whole experience has made me cross! I don't need that stupid creature to destroy the core, I'll find a new way! You'll see!" Suddenly a bright purple, red, orange, and green forcefield trapped Kaos and carried him in the air towards Eon. "You really think this cheap Magic trick can hold me?" He sneered. Eon just chuckled, "not really, but don't worry. I have a fitting punishment in mind for you." *Gulp!*

A party was held at the core to celebrate the victory of the team. Many of the cadets had healed from their injuries and danced the night away. Flameslinger was happily chatting with his friends, when he felt a tap on his shoulder, it was Hex. "I was wrong, even when all seems lost, I guess there can be hope. As long as you put your soul into something, it can be done. I now know that because of you guys, thank you."

Flameslinger walked over to the core, and looked over at everyone who was out at the party, the gillmen had all helped to decorate, and the cadets and Professors returning from home had all brought the food. Glurt wagged his tail as he playfully chased around with the gillmen children. Boomer had a group of cadets gathered around him as he told them some of his experiences in the mabu defense force. Sprocket and Razor held hands as they helped Drobot, who had felt bad about not helping, set up stereo equipment for a DJ system. Lewt laughed and chatted with Flynn and Cali as Hugo happily explained how the blueprints were laid out to some of the robotic cadets. Flameslinger smiled, it was nice to see everyone happy. He then looked over and snickered as Kaos sat in an enchanted cage off to the side with Glumshanks. Even though he was still evil, some of the cadets felt bad for him and brought him and Glumshanks some of the party food. He grumbled a bit, but secretly, he was enjoying the music.

After awhile, Eon hushed the crowd for a minute to give an announcement. "I'm happy to inform you all that the gillmen will be kind enough to help rebuild the academy! Provided we help clean up their home, but it's a fair trade in my opinion." Everyone agreed. "And I'm happy to announce that we have more students joining us when classes are back in session: Sprocket, Lewt, Glurt, and Razor. And Boomer will be a new Professor at the academy," Eon exclaimed. Everyone cheered for the new cadets and told Professor Boomer they couldn't wait to have him teach them. "This whole adventure's been fun," said Spyro, "but I personally can't wait to go back to class!" Then Eon turned to face the group. "I'm afraid you and your friends won't be attending classes anymore," he said, making everyone gasp. "B-but why!?" Said Cynder, who was literally about to cry. "While your quest to rebuild the core is now over," said Eon, "the many adventures the four of you will have as Skylanders are only beginning." Spyro's eyes widened, "you mean...?" "Yes!" Said Eon, "from now on, Spyro, Cynder, Stealth elf, and Flameslinger, the four of you are now officially Skylanders! You are cadets no more, we're all very proud of you!" Everyone cheered and congratulated them. The party then continued on into the night.

After awhile, Flameslinger went to a familiar rolling green hill, which had a perfect view of the starry night sky. As he laid on his back star gazing, Stealth elf walked up to him. "Mind if I join you?" She asked. "Of course not!" Said Flameslinger. The two of them sat there looking up at the stars, until Stealth elf suddenly kissed him on the cheek, causing him to blush. "Thanks for looking out for me over the course of the journey," she said. Spyro and Cynder were holding claws as they walked up to them. "Mind if we make this a double date?" Spyro joked. As they all looked up at the stars, Flameslinger yawned, something he hadn't done over the course of the entire adventure. "How long did we stay awake to rebuild the core?" He asked. "I'm not sure," Stealth elf yawned. After a minute, the four of them were sleeping under the stars, getting the much needed rest they deserved. "Rest easy, heroes," Eon said to himself, "Skylands may need you again, but for now, you can rest."

THE END