Ch 16 Sunscraper spire

(Flameslinger's point of view)
The ship landed and Stealth elf and Cynder jumped off. "Come on guys! Hurry up and bring the crystal eye!" Shouted Cynder. Flameslinger and Spyro looked at each other. "Women!" They muttered in sync, they then strained to lift the heavy relic and slowly made their way over to the core. When the eye levitated into the air, the tired dragon and elf slumped to the ground to catch their breath.

"Good job, for you have brought the Crystal eye!" Exclaimed Eon, the eye simply screwed itself into place atop The spouts, but deep below the stone circle, a radiant crystal lifted from a lava pool and klinked into place.

"Now we can harness the eternal light source!" Exclaimed Hugo, "that element had always interested me!" He said exitedly, wagging is tail like a geeky weirdo

"Now we can harness the eternal light source!" Exclaimed Hugo, "that element had always interested me!" He said exitedly, wagging is tail like a geeky weirdo. "Okay, where is it?" Asked Flameslinger.

"The eternal light source can be found on top of the "Sunscraper Spire," explained Hugo, "it's the tallest structure in all of Skylands and is made intirrely out of crystal. You can find it in a place known as "The Angelic Acropolis." "Then that's where we're headed!" Exclaimed Flameslinger, he dashed towards the Dread Yacht, Stealth elf and Cynder trailing behind him. "Hold on!" *Huff* *Huff* "wait up!" Spyro yelled out, he was still a little tired from carrying the crystal eye.

The Angelic Acropolis was beautiful, the buildings were made of crystal and white marble and beautiful gardens dotted the landscape. "That must be the Spire!" Yelled Spyro, he pointed towards the tall structure. The Spire was indeed made up of crystal, but there was a light up on top shining a bit too violently compared to the rest of the radiant city.

The Dread Yacht landed at a shipping dock, and the team jumped off. A very distinguished looking angel came running up to them. "Please tell me that you're Skylanders!" He pleaded.
"Yes, what's wrong?" Replied Spyro. "Oh thank the heavens! The light atop our beloved spire is shining a bit too brightly, and it keeps getting brighter, if no one can find a way to stop it, we may all go blind, or worse!" "We believe that light is coming from something we're looking for!" Stated Flameslinger, if we just retrieve it from the spire, I'm sure the light will die down!" "Do whatever you need to do!" The angel said, he then flew off to try and calm his people down.

The flight up to the spire was actually quite smooth, but then Flameslinger's ears shot up. "Hey Stealth, you hear that?" "Yeah, what do you think it is?" She responded. Flameslinger tried listening a little bit closer, "I think it's... The humming of engines!?" Sure enough, there were a few greeble air ships headed towards the spire, presumably to get the eternal light source for Kaos.

"Full speed ahead, Flynn!" Yelled Flameslinger, "we need to get to the source before they do!" "This is as fast as I can make her go!" Flynn responded, "maybe the dragons could fly faster!" Spyro and Cynder quickly lifted their friends into the air, and landed on a section of the spire. The light was beginning to get even more intense to the point it hurt a bit to look at it. "If we go blind we may walk off the building!" Shouted Stealth elf, "wait what are you doing Flameslinger?!"

Flameslinger ran up the side of the spire and went for the eternal light source himself. *Since I'm blindfolded, I'm sure I can get to it without any problems.* Sure enough, Flameslinger was able to walk to the source unhindered and took the egg-shaped bubble out of the sun symbol it rested in, the light of the source slowly died down until it was safe to behold.

The team flew back to the ship, but seeing as the greeble ships were still chasing them, it wouldn't be safe to make a run for the academy. "Can't any of you shoot those things down!?" Flynn yelled. "What good is an arrow gonna do against a metal ship?!" Flameslinger shouted back. All of a sudden, a huge laser shot the ships out of the sky, the team looked over the side of the ship to see the town gaurds waving at them. The team waved back and with the eternal light source in hand they made their way back to the academy.