Ch 22 The Midnight museum

(Stealth elf's point of view)
As the ship approached the academy, everyone let out a sigh of disappointment. Even though they were successful in getting the eternal tech source, they had failed to find Sprocket. After the battle with that metal mess, Spyro recalled trying to look around for a jail cell, or anyplace a prisoner could be held, only to find that there wasn't anything of the sort in the entire building. According to mabu spies, she had been relocated somewhere else, but they didn't know exactly where so they were looking into it.

As they got back to the core, the tech source floated out of Flameslinger's hands and made it's way to the machine. "The eternal tech source, the embodiment of all science and reasoning, using it's power to balance the magic within the core!" The source turned into two golden orbs that began to orbit the core, it's power putting the gears into motion.

 "The eternal tech source, the embodiment of all science and reasoning, using it's power to balance the magic within the core!" The source turned into two golden orbs that began to orbit the core, it's power putting the gears into motion

Suddenly Boomer ran up to the group with a look of excitement on his face. "Our spies found out where sprocket is!" The group was instantly all ears, "where is she!?" Asked Stealth elf. "Apparently, Kaos' forces recently took over a place called the midnight museum, the Drow are gaurding the place, no one in, no one out, and it's where they've been keeping prisoners they're saving for future purposes that may help Kaos with his plans," Boomer explained. "The midnight museum!" Hugo ran up to the team. "That's where the rarest and most valuable mystic artifacts in all of Skylands are kept! We can't let them hold onto this place! Especially since it contains the biggest deposit of Petrified darkness in the world!" "Petrified darkness?" Asked Boomer. "It's a rare crystal substance, made from crystalized shadow. The museum promised to loan us any if the core needed a new piece for harnessing the eternal Dark source," Hugo explained to him. "I'd love to stay and help," said Boomer, "but general robot wants me to help destroy some of the remaining weapon factories, all I can say is good luck," with that he shook Flameslinger's hand and flew off in his ship. "Looks like it's back to the Dread Yacht," Flameslinger said. "But Boomer's ship had a coffee dispenser..." Spyro groaned.

The flight in the Dread Yacht wasn't too bad, it was actually running a lot smoother than usual. *Must be the green goo that Cali put in the engine,* Stealth elf thought. The midnight museum was located in a place called the Eternal night zone, the sun never shined here, yet the radiant glowing flowers and the refection of stars off of the stream was still extremely beautiful. The museum itself was a tall dark and slightly menacing looking tower, being used as a prison during a time known as the War of a thousand nights. Kaos must've known it was once a prison, and decided to use it for it's older purpose.

The thing about sneaking into a place heavily gaurded by drow, is that it's much more difficult, considering drow actually don't get distracted from their posts too easily. There was a small entrance to the place gaurded by only a drow spearman, and a drow blade witch too distracted flirting with eachother. Stealth elf turned to Flameslinger, "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "Oddly, yes," Flameslinger awnsered. Stealth elf snuck up behind the two and took them out, she then proceeded to drag them into the bushes. There, her and Flameslinger put on the Drow uniforms and just walked in pretending to be one of them.

The museum was in complete shambles, all of the artifacts were being stored in crates ready for shipment to Kaos, including a big crate containing Petrified darkness like Hugo described. But right now, they had to free sprocket and any other prisoner Kaos was keeping here. "Hey you two!" A big voice boomed. Stealth elf and Flameslinger tensed as a big Goliath drow, who must have been the captain, walked up to them. "I don't think I've seen you two around here before...." He looked at them suspiciously. Flameslinger thought for a moment, "that's because w-we're the new prison gaurds sir..." He said nervously. The Drow continued to look at them, and just laughed. "Alright then! The prison cells are down in the basement!" He showed them the direction they needed to head, and the two made their way to their "post."

The only other gaurds in there were three more guys, one drow archer and two spearmen. "Don't worry, if I've learned anything about drow so far, I know how to take all of these guys out," she whispered to Flameslinger. She turned invisible and made her way to a tall stack of boxes and made herself known to the gaurds. While of course, still dressed as a blade witch, she started to do some seductive poses to get their attention, making Flameslinger's jaw drop. The two spearmen just couldn't resist and practically fought eachother as they ran over to her, as soon as they were out of sight Stealth elf took them out easily. The archer seemed a bit more serious, so Flameslinger just sniped him from where he was at. Stealth elf walked out of hiding and met up with Flameslinger, who was starting to blush a bit. "What? Did you like it?" Stealth elf joked with him, making him turn as red as his blindfold.

After the moment passed, they took the keys from the archer drow's belt and unlocked the prison cell door where they were holding a goldling girl. "What do you want now!? Did your toaster oven break!?" She yelled at them. "We're here to rescue you! We just put on disguises," Stealth elf explained, taking off the pointed hood on the blade witch uniform. "You guys are elves? Thank tech power! If you guys are actually Skylanders, aren't there more of you?" "About that..." Flameslinger started, let's just get rid of all these drow first. "I can help, but I need my lucky wrench first!" Sprocket jumped to her feet.

The two elves freed the other prisoners and stormed the Drow, taking them completely by surprise, with help from the Dragons and Sprocket, they were able to take all of them out and were thankfully given a piece of Petrified darkness for the core. After the whole ordeal, the five of them boarded the Dread Yacht and headed for home. While sadly listening to Sprocket begging Flynn to let her make the ship look nicer.