Ch 26 The dragon temple

(Spyro's point of view)
The team walked out of the stone gates to the underworld and waved goodbye as it sank back below the earth, T-bone returning to his home to join the rest of the undead for peaceful rest. "I fear Skylands is growing weaker to the corruption, cadets," said Eon, looking up at the sky, which was now blotted out by black clouds with red and purple hues in them. "But now you bring the eternal undead source! Add it's power to the core." The source levitated from Cynder's wings and absorbed itself into the skull mask, witch now pulsed with ghostly energy.

" The source levitated from Cynder's wings and absorbed itself into the skull mask, witch now pulsed with ghostly energy

"Now we only have two sources left, right?" Asked Cynder. "Of course!" Replied Spyro, "we can do this, we're so close!" "Now we need to find an item called the crucible of the ages," said Hugo, "it was made by Dragons thousands of years ago, so it's probably in their temple!" Said Hugo, "since time is of the essence considering how fast the corruption has been spreading, I've already given Flynn the coordinates. I'm sure I don't have to tell you all twice what needs to be done." The four nodded, and rushed to the Dread Yacht.

But they couldn't help but stare at the fact that it looked less in shambles than it was before. Flynn looked like a kid in a candy store as he exitedly ran from one end of the ship to the other looking at all the improvements. "Admiring my handy work?" Said Sprocket as she stepped off of the ship to greet them. "While you were all in the underworld, I took it upon myself to turn the Dread Yacht, into the Sky Yacht," she explained, "not a bad job, if I do say so myself!"

A smooth trip on Flynn's ship almost made the group think that it wasn't Flynn piloting the ship at all, Cali burst into laughter at this joke. The temple was at the top of Dragons peak, home of most of the Dragons in Skylands and the tallest mountain in Skylands.

However as they approached the mountain, Spyro noticed something in the distance, and Flameslinger happened to take notice as well. "Of course Kaos would send his goons to attack the temple, why wouldn't he!?" Spyro moaned. Flynn landed a safe distance from the battle, and Spyro and Cynder flew their elven friends the rest of the way.

Of course, the Dragons who lived there had no problem taking out the spell punks and trolls Kaos had sent, and it took them no time at all to thank the heroes flying in for their aid, putting the odds more in their favor. "Thank you, young heroes!" The lead Dragon gaurd Flavious said, "However can we repay you?" "We're here for the Crucible of the ages!" Said Spyro, "you wouldn't mind if we could bring it back to the Ancient core would you?" "The crucible is in our temple," said Flavious, "but only Dragons are permitted through it's doors, I'm afraid your elven friends must wait out here. Stealth elf and Flameslinger nodded, and began to explore the city to check for any hiding enemies.

The temple was carved into the mountain side itself, and required some skilled flying to get through the first gate, so Stealth elf and Flameslinger would of had to wait anyway. "In order to open the chamber to the crucible, you must prove yourselves by attacking each seal with different elemental powers. "But we don't have any other Dragons with us!" Said Cynder, "how can we open it?" "I can get them!" Exclaimed Spyro. One by one he breathed different elements at each seal on the door, including ice breath, lightning breath, wind breath, and even sun breath. Cynder and Flavious simply watched in amazement not knowing what to say.

After the door slid open, Cynder finally broke the silence. "If you can change your breath powers, how come you only use fire? And how can you do that!?" She asked. Spyro shrugged, "I just prefer using fire breath, and according to Eon my special skill runs in my family." Spyro picked up the crucible and motioned for Cynder to follow him.

With the Golden crucible in claw, the two Dragons gathered their elven friends and waved goodbye as the Sky Yacht flew back to the academy faster than ever before. Cynder was still awe stricken, and talked with Spyro about his ability all the way back to the academy.