Chapter Eight

Kiara decides to come over for a sleepover. And of course as she arrives my parents are yet again having another screaming match.

"You've barely been home the past week! It's just been Rae and I and she's barely even here!" Mum screams.

"Sorry that I've been out earning money so you both have a roof over your heads!" Dad screams back.

"Oh don't pull that shit with me. I'm sure you mix work with pleasure."

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"You know what I mean!"

Kiara: I'm outside xx

I run downstairs and open the door, rushing Kiara up to my room. My parents are so busy still screaming at each other they haven't even noticed us.

Kiara looks at me with pity in her eyes and I loathe it. "Don't." My voice comes out hard.

"Sorry." She apologises, making herself comfortable on my bed, and grabs a DVD. "What's Your Number?"

My face lights up. "Seeing Chris Evans practically naked? Fuck yeah!"

She laughs and puts the disc in.

****************************

Just when the film finishes my phone goes off, indicating a call from an unknown number. Kiara and I exchange confused looks. She nudges me. "Answer it!"

Hesitantly, I answer. "Hello?"

"Hey there sweet thing."

"Who is this?"

"Your future boyfriend."

The only person I know who is that cocky is, "Lucas? How did you get my number?"

"My amazing twin sister, who by the way in exchange for your number has made me have to do all her chores for a month."

I burst out laughing. "Aw baby." I coo.

"Wow you're the most empathetic person I know." Lucas's voice is full of sarcasm.

"That's me." I smirk. I haven't got an empathetic bone in my body. Sucks for him. "Why the fuck are you calling me anyway?"

"I have a bet to win remember? I have to impress you with my amazing wooing abilities, don't I? So I'm starting early."

"Wow you called within twenty four hours. Colour me impressed."

"You don't sound it but I know you are." Lucas sounds way too sure of himself for my liking.

The cocky piece of shit. "Oh yeah sure. Of course I am."

Kiara mouths, "Lucas?"

I nod in response, rolling my eyes. If there was an olympic sport in eye rolling I would get a gold medal.

"I'm picking you up at seven." Lucas states.

"Huh?"

"Our date. Be ready at seven for the best wooing of your life."

"It will be the only wooing I've had in my life." I mutter under my breath.

But not quietly enough. "What? Wait... you've never been on a date before?"

Gritting my teeth and internally cursing my inability to whisper quietly enough to not be heard, I snap, "Yes I've never been on a fucking date before, okay?"

A pause then Lucas speaks, sounding smug. "So I'll be your first?"

"Shut the fuck up you smug son of a bitch."

"Be ready for your number one."

"I just went but thanks."

He snorts with laughter. "I'll rephrase: be ready for your first date. Better Miss Pedant?"

"I guess." I sniff haughtily. "Later Lucas."

"Bye my Rae of sunshine. See what I did there?"

I hang up on him. Within seconds, he sends me a text.

Cocky dickhead: That's your contact name btw ;)

Me: Guess what yours is?

Cocky dickhead: Sex god? Prince charming? Sexiest beast alive?

Me: Cocky dickhead. It's much more accurate than any of those you suggested

Cocky dickhead: Ouch. That hurt right here *clutches hand on chest*

Deciding to ignore him, I tell Kiara, "Well it seems I have a date at seven."

Kiara simply nods, deciding against arguing with me about how this is a bad idea. Which it is. But it's the best bad idea I've ever had. "Well looks like I've got some pimping to do. What are doing?"

I shrug. "No idea." I send a text to Lucas.

Me: What are we doing?

Cocky dickhead: I knew you couldn't last long without texting me baby ;)

Me: Ffs Lucas just fucking tell me so I know what to wear

Cocky dickhead: I'll give you a hint: wrap up warm

"Oh great we'll be venturing to the great outdoors."

Kiara bursts out laughing. "Guess you'll start off in the lead."

"Fuck yeah." I pause as her wording sets in. "What do you mean "start off"? I'm gonna win this."

To my shock, Kiara actually hesitates. "Uh well... I hate to break it to you but Lucas is a lot more experienced than you when it comes to flirting and dating."

"I'm not easily wooed though." I whine childishly, pouting.

She sighs loudly. "I have a feeling Rae."

"Dear god not you and your feelings."

"I'm so gonna say "I told you so" when he wins and you fall for him. Then I'll go beat the shit out of him when he hurts you."

"What makes you so sure he'll hurt me?" Dread settles in the pit of my stomach.

She stares me dead in the eyes. "It's what he does best."

Raking my hands through my hair, I sigh. "Let's just focus on getting me ready. It's only date one."

Dropping the subject, Kiara heads over to my wardrobe and picks out my outfit: dark blue high waist skinny jeans; fitted black jumper; black leather jacket; and black military-style boots. She does my makeup natural with a bit of eyeliner, mascara and adds a bold red lip as the main focus.

At exactly seven, the doorbell rings. Sucking in a deep breath, I open the door.

**********************************

A/N: Who else has seen What's Your Number? I love that film it's one of my favourites. What's your favourite film?

So Lucas is planning their first date, which will be in the next chapter!

Vote and comment as usual please!