Epilogue

Six months later...

"Any idea what Lucas has planned for Valentine's Day?" Kiara asks.

I smile at the thought of Lucas. For the past six months things have been great between us. I've been a lot more open with Lucas about my feelings instead of bottling them up and lashing out at him and pushing him away like I did the first time. Lucas reassured me that his fuckboy days are well and truly over and told me he would never cheat on me and if he did, he knew Jesse and Cassandra would murder him. He found out Cassandra would help after Kiara showed him the video from the beach as a warning to not hurt me. I laugh as I remember the look of terror on his face.

Everyone looks weirdly at me due to my sudden outburst. We're having a girls day so it's Kiara, Cassandra, Cressida, Jesse, the female Jordan we finally met as she was away the whole summer, and I.

I shrug at Kiara's question. "No idea. I told him not to bother doing anything."

Jesse nods. "That's probably for the better."

Everyone laughs. Cressida asks, "Why aren't you doing anything?"

"I don't believe in it. We love each other and we know it. We don't need some day of a year every year to show it to each other. It seems so forced and... fake." I explain.

"Callan and I aren't bothering either." Jesse says, and we high five.

Kiara groans at us. "You lot are hopeless."

Jordan laughs. "You expected anything else?"

"What are you and Asher doing then?" Cassandra asks Kiara.

She shrugs. "It's a surprise. But I bought him a watch with our names engraved into it."

Jesse whistles. "Damn."

Cressida smiles. "I'm sure he'll love it."

"Thank you Cressida." Kiara beams.

Cassandra and I roll our eyes. Jesse nudges me. "Is she always like that?"

Kiara narrows her eyes at Jesse. I give her a look to tell her to drop it and she scowls, before pasting a smile on her face. "Who wants a makeover?"

Cressida, the peacemaker and pleaser, volunteers.

*****************************************************************************

Cassandra and Jesse managed to get out of receiving a makeup. The rest of us weren't so fortunate. We all got our makeup done and I decided to grace everyone with my amazing singing.

"YOU GET THE LIMO OUT FRONT-" My amazing singing gets cut off by Jesse holding her hand up then placing a finger to her lips.

We all frown at her. "What the fuck?" I mouth at her.

"I heard something downstairs." She mouths back.

Immediately, I run and grab my hockey stick that's hidden beside my wardrobe. Jesse and Jordan give me a WTF look. I just shrug. Hey you've got to be prepared for anything.

Jesse and I head down first, the others following behind us. We hear noises from the kitchen. Just as we we turn to enter the doorway, I swing the hockey stick around. I make contact and I hear a, "What the fuck?!"

Lucas stands there, rubbing his side where the hockey stick made contact. He glares at me. "Why the fuck did you do that?"

"Why the fuck did I do that? You're the one breaking into my fucking house!" I snap.

"The front door was unlocked."

I pause. Whoops. "Well I still didn't know you would randomly waltz in!"