Chapter 10

When I was twenty two years old, I decided to construct a basement, not any basement, but one for revenge. After my father's death, things were gone wild. I was overthinking the whole situation, until I decided on telling Mike to help me out. He is the only one who knows about the basement because I trust him the most.

To make things worse, Katherine was adding more pressure on my bare shoulders. She doesn't understand.

._._._._._._._._._._.

I woke up the next day, to the smell of pancakes.

"OOH, what do we have here?" I thought to myself.

"I'm coming Iris!" I laughed.

I headed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After that, I headed downstairs and strode towards the goodness.

"Thanks." I said taking the whole plate.

"Hey! I also need some." She laughed.

"Ha!" I ran towards the living room.

"Gimme." She said running after me.

"There you go, four for you."

"Thanks."

I sat down on the sofa and watched the news for about ten minutes when I decided to go to work.

"I'll head to work."

"Yes sure."

I wore my clothes and rode my Ferrari to my company.

"Mrs.Sanders, ca va?" One of the gaurds said as soon as I stepped out.

"Bien." I said winking.

I walked towards my office, and finished some work. I tried calling George, but he isn't accepting my calls and always send me to voice message. That's very confusing, he isn't answering my nor Mike's calls. What's going on? I shook my head, trying to forget about the details and went home.

"I'm back." I told Iris, as I walked in.

"A little too early." She said confused.

"Yes. Just felt like it."

"I got a call earlier from your mother."

"What does she want?"

"She said she's coming with some visitors."

"What's wrong with the visiting, don't they assume a business woman needs rest, and who are the visitors?"

"I have no idea."

"Time?"

"Eight o'clock night."

"Ok." I sighed as I walked to my bedroom whilst looking at my watch, refering to as seven thirty.

"What shall I wear?" I thought to myself.

I searched everywhere until one caught my eye.

It was a simple. Navy blue pants with a buttoned up white shirt and a navy blue jacket. To match the outfit, I wore navy blue heels and styled my hair in a low bun and jogged downstairs.

 To match the outfit, I wore navy blue heels and styled my hair in a low bun and jogged downstairs