Chapter 12

Guess who's back, back again, it's me. Another night, another chapter. Have fun!

It's been a hell of a week. Insomnia controlled every night, dark circles under my eyes formed, too much overthinking, everything is just confusing. Although Mike took George to the basement, something was bothering me.

"Madam, the foo-"

"Not now Iris."

I haven't eaten much since the day I came back from the cafe. The scenario was just replaying in my head like a video. What was that all about?

"But madam, you look pale and thin, you must eat."

"No Iris, I'm fine."

I stood up and went to the bathroom, looking at myself, she was right. I looked disgusting, more than that actually. It isn't healthy and I for sure know, but I can't stand the fact of food entering my mouth. I'll instantly vomit. 

I rubbed my face with my hands, trying to think of something, something that would help me get out of that miserable situation. Something...nothing.

"Iris!"

"Iris, where are you?"

"Yes, madam?" She spoke, terrified.

"Call the doctor."

._._._._._._._._._._._

"Mrs.Maddison...if you're going to stay like that, without nutrition, I'm afraid you'll face an eating disorder, which is very hard to escape from." The doctor informed.

"I know doctor, but what can I do? Too much stress already and there is nothing that I can do about it."

"There is."

"Tell me."

"Travel, travel somewhere far away from reality. You need it."

"I have a business to take care of. I can't leave it."

"You are obliged to."

"But-"

"Mrs.Madisson, if you really want to find a cure, the only thing is to travel."

"Alright, I'll think about it."

"Very well. Don't forget to take the medicine every night."

"Yes."

"I'll see you later. Get well soon."

I lightly smiled and laid back down on my bed. Closing my eyes, I had to agree, I have to become strong enough to face reality again.

"Mrs.Madisson, I'll make some soup for you."

"Mmm." Was all I said before falling asleep.

._._._._._._._._

"Maddison, what are you doing to yourself?"

"Dad, they are going to kill me!"

"No, they will not. Have faith in yourself. Where did the confidence go?"

"I don't know, please come back!"

"This will not help you any better Maddy. I trust you.."

I woke up gasping, panting and sweating. Tears shed one after the other and my heart pumping quickly. 

Looking from side to side, it was dark, totally dark. I looked at my lock screen, three AM.

"Too early Maddison. It's alright, just relax." I tried comforting myself.

I tried going back to sleep, but nothing allowed me to. My eyes wide open and my stomach making weird noises didn't make it any better.

I stood up, went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Strawberries, meat, chicken, soup, bananas, and milk. Nothing seemed appealing enough, but I had to eat something. I held an apple from the counter and bit it. Chewing slowly with full mode cringe and disgust, I swallowed carefully. Closing my eyes, hoping I wouldn't vomit, nothing came out, so I decided to eat it.

I couldn't stop thinking about my dream. I just hope someone was there for me, to comfort me instead of comforting myself, to hold and tell me, it's going to be alright, to hug me tightly and calm me down, but no one cared. No one ever and will care, I mean why would they? I don't need anybody anyways, but a side of me wants somebody, someone who will be able to stay by my side forever and ever. I really do need a guy friend or a girlfriend, or maybe someone who can understand me by putting themselves in my shoe, but no one is there, except Iris. She already encountered too much, I don't want to stress and depress her, I would definitely feel guilty.

After finishing my apple, it was four AM already, time flies. I washed my hands and went back to bed.

._._._._._._._

The next day, I took a day off, since Iris wouldn't allow me to go to work, obviously.

Opening the news, I watched silently.

"Hello and welcome back to our daily news. Johny Salzburg Pillson, an unknown person, have discovered some shocking news. You wouldn't believe it yourself." A feminine host spoke.

Boring...

I skipped to the next channel.

"Teeeeeeeeeeeeeet."

Next..

"Hello there ladies and gentlemen, today is a beautiful day at the local market."

Fuck off. Was the only response that came to my mind.

Next...

"Hello Richard, I missed you! Oh, you don't even know!"

"Hello, Richard I missed you! Oh, you don't even know!" I imitated her word by word with that annoying sound.

Next...

"I wanna dance, wanna play, wanna say hello dear friend!" A girl said.

"I wanna throw, wanna bow to that dear princess!" A boy said

"I wanna catch and  wanna fill your mouth with pooop!" I sang along annoyingly.

Nothing seemed nice, so I switched off the t.v and laid on the sofa silently. Tired as ever, I tried not to sleep, because seriously, I'm sleeping too much.

"Madam, here is some soup." Iris handed me the bowl of vegetable soup.

"Thank you." Was all I said before digging into the plate.

._._._._._._._._._._._

Thank you for reading! 

I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you later with another chapter!