Prologue

"All aboard for Alola! Last ride for the night!"

This was it. You had one shot to get on that boat. There was no second chance by waiting for tomorrow, so if you were caught, this would be the end for you. Because of your situation, nearly every corporation was hunting you down, but you weren't interested in what they had to offer. They couldn't offer what you were after.

Quickly pulling up your hood and gripping onto your backpack straps, you approached the man at the entrance to the boat. He quickly noticed your presence and held out his hand. "Ticket, ma'am?"

You felt your blood run cold, so you stuffed your hand into your pocket and handed him the ticket you managed to plagiarize. You just wanted this interaction to be over already. He inspected the ticket for a moment, but punched a hole in the corner and handed it back to you. "Thank you for choosing Unova Marine for your traveling purposes." the man fake-smiled as he handed the ticket back. You were sure he knew it was fake, but didn't seem to care since this was the last ride for the night. Regardless, you gave a small nod and headed inside.

You took the seat that was farthest away from anyone, in hopes that no one would try to identify you. Besides, you were sure no one would want to sit near a dirty suspicious teenager, so your appearance was a personal advantage.

You'd recently heard of a region called Alola. This was the only region you were sure you haven't been to yet, so you presumed this would be where you could finally find your lost pokémon. Many would probably think that it was pathetic to search for one specific pokémon this desperately, but you didn't care anymore. You didn't care what anyone thought of you anymore, whether they pitied you for being homeless and alone, or scared of you because of the vibes you gave. This search was your own choice, your own personal journey. You were already homeless, so this search wasn't very different from how your life already became.

You needed to find her. You would sacrifice anything to find her, even if it's your own life.