Ch. 10 - Sacrifice

"Why not?!"

"I told you, Mr. Guzma, I can't just give you the Eevee that easily, I'd need Mrs. Lusamine's approval."

"Screw her!" I was beginning to lose it. "Did you not see all the crap that happened when _____ found out?! He'll never forgive me if I don't get Skylar back for him!"

"I know, and I would gladly return her back to the two of you if I had Mrs. Lusamine's approval, but you already saw that she denied your request." Wicke frowned. "I don't know what else to tell you."

Once Wicke left the room, I gripped my hair and tried not to freak out. "Calm down, calm down." I told myself. "There's gotta be a way to get her out of there."

I slammed my head against the wall, cracking my sunglasses and stabbing my forehead. Although I was bleeding and suffering a black eye from a previous breakdown, I subsided the pain and focused on a way of getting that damn door open. Sure, the keypad to get Skylar out of cryofreeze was easy to access, but I knew it'd just set the alarms off if I didn't have an Aether keycard.

Screw it.

I brought Ebirah out and told him to bash the door down. He quickly complied and threw his body into the door keeping Skylar sealed away, and the room filled with smoke as the alarms blared. I told Ebirah to keep the entrance door shut and to not let anyone in, and without a moment's protest, he went over and got in front of the door.

I quickly rushed into the cryofreeze room and approached Skylar, who was cold and unconscious. "Crap, you better be alive." I pleaded. I checked to see if she was breathing or had a heartbeat, and although both were nearly impossible to notice, she was still going regardless. "Good, okay." I tried to think of what to do with her.

Deciding to tuck her under my jacket, I quickly zipped up and got on Ebirah. "Alright, I'm gonna need you to get us out of here, no matter who gets in the way." I told him. With that, Ebirah backed up, and suddenly rammed through the door, knocking guards out of the way and off the railing. I held onto Ebirah for cover with one hand, while cradling Skylar with the other. Whether this worked or not, I didn't care.

If it was for _____, it was worth it.

•×•×•×•

You took a seat at what looked like an empty stage for pokémon battles, your feet aching from all the walking. At this point, you were sure you'd circled this island a few times by now, and you couldn't go on any longer. While Tauros has offered multiple times to carry you, you always denied.

"Can I help you?"

You looked behind you to see a large man in a yellow robe stepping out of the house next to the stage. "Oh, I-I'm sorry, I was just resting." you apologized. Before you could talk again, Tauros cried out and approached the man.

"I was wondering where you went." the man commented to Tauros. "Now, who might you be?"

"Uhm... I'm _____." you introduced yourself. "I-I know I don't exactly sound or look like a guy, but-"

"Nonsense." the man stopped you. "You control your identity, no one else. It's nice to meet you, _____, I'm Hala, kahuna of Melemele Island."

"Kahuna?"

"Ah, you must be new to Alola." Hala chuckled.

"I've actually been here for a couple weeks now." you sighed. "I've just barely left Po Town until recently."

"Po Town?" Hala questioned. "The town in Ula'ula Island that was recently taken over by Team Skull?"

"Yea. Don't think I was being held hostage or anything." you continued to try to defend Guzma. "Let's just say a lot of stuff is going down and now I'm searching for the leader."