Ch. 2 - Confrontation

"I came here because I'm looking for someone."

"Got their name? One of us here oughta know 'em."

"I doubt it. She's a very specific pokémon."

"So it's a pokémon yer after? Trying to fill your pokédex?"

"I'm not a trainer."

•×•×•×•

Only after a few hours of attempting to converse with all the ghost pokémon, you became quick friends with all of them. But, as you expected, Myst was special to you. You felt the connection with Myst that you had with...

You could tell that the storm was approaching because of the sound of thunder growing closer. These pokémon didn't seem to mind the storm, but you felt sympathy for the ones outside that had to deal with it. Either way, you didn't expect someone to bust in.

"Geez dude, the boss is gonna be mad if we don't get back soon!" you heard a male voice groan. You quickly and quietly went to look for a place to hide while all the ghost pokémon disappeared except Myst.

"I'd rather have the boss get mad at us than get caught in that storm!" another male voice exclaimed. "Let's at least camp out until it passes."

"Ugh, fine." the first male voice sighed. While you hid in the back and looked around for a better place, Myst tugged your jacket sleeve and pointed at a set of doors that presumably led to the storage room. You could swear you didn't see doors there before, but you didn't bother to question and swiftly snuck inside, shutting the doors behind you.

They probably heard that, you thought. Instinctively holding your breath, you tried your best to hear any more of their conversation. It was rather easy, since the place was naturally quiet.

"Yo, did you hear that?" one of the guys questioned.

"What are you talking about?" the other guy asked. "Those ghost pokémon from the trial are probably just trying to mess with us, just ignore them."

"Trial?" you whispered. Myst made a small noise, but you hushed them and held them close. "We don't know what they're here for, so please keep quiet."

After a few moments, you scooted yourself away from the doors and leaned against the wall opposite of them. This was a very small room, so you didn't even have very much space for you and Myst, but it sufficed for a hiding place.

"So boss said that one pokémon was pretty rare." one guy commented. "What's it called again?"

"Uhm...Mimikyu, I believe." the other responded. "Supposedly tries to look like a Pikachu because of how horrifying its real form is."

You could feel Myst try to hide in your backpack, so you let them. For a while, you felt as though Myst would protect you, but now you had to do the protecting.

"I won't let them have you." you whispered.

A few more moments of silence pass. "Hey dude, there's a storage room!" one guy exclaimed, his voice sounding way closer than before. You tightened your fists and went into a ball.

Once the doors opened, you were able to see the two guys. It was obvious they were part of a group, but you could tell from what you've seen about Aether so far that these two were not part of Aether. They were dressed in black tank tops and pants accessorized with silver lines. Their rather baggy pants were stuffed into white hightop sneakers, and they proudly wore what looked like a giant silver skull on their necklace. If it wasn't for their blue sideburns, you wouldn't be able to see their hair color under their bandana, which they also seemed to have a second one covering their faces.