Ch. 7 - Quality Time

The next morning, the atmosphere felt...very different. Unsurprisingly, you woke up holding onto Guzma's arm, but because of recent events, you didn't see a reason to stop. "So now you're stuck with me, huh?" you jokingly questioned.

"I was gonna say the same thing." Guzma said in a whisper. He turned over to you and tipped your chin up to look at him. To you, he looked gorgeous without those sunglasses keeping his bedhead under control, so you blushed at the sight of it.

Without a moment's protest, Guzma pressed his lips to yours again. Even though he tried to make it seem like he was cold and rude to everyone, his kiss felt warm and invitingly comfortable.

Once he pulled away, you smiled and leaned against his chest. Myst got tired of the two of you being lovey so they hopped in the bed and squeezed between the two of you. They pushed you away and gave Guzma the stink eye. "Myst, buddy, it's okay." you assured them. "What's up with you?"

"Probably jealous that I got ya." Guzma smirked, holding out his hand to Myst. "Come on, dude, I know I got problems, but so does this loser. We're both losers."

Myst didn't change their mind. "Myst, you saw how much I was suffering before this, yea?" you questioned to get their attention. "I was constantly stressed if he even liked me in the first place. Now that I know he likes me, I'm doing a lot better. I appreciate the concern, but I promise I'll be okay."

Glancing over to Guzma, you decided to jokingly add, "If he hurts me, you can hurt him in my favor, Myst."

"Hey!"

Before he could get angry, you shut him up with a kiss, taking him by surprise. He grew flustered and turned away from you, groaning and whining about Myst. "If you like Myst more, just go out with them instead!"

"Don't be silly." you rested your chin on his shoulder. "If I did that, I'd be missing out on such a quality boyfriend."

"Are you trying to get me stirred up?!" Guzma growled, quickly getting up off the bed. "That's not fair!"

You couldn't help but laugh. This didn't help Guzma in his flustered state, so he grabbed your wrist and yanked you off the bed as well. "What, it's funny!" you giggled, leaning on his chest for support. "I didn't know you'd be so easily stirred!"

Guzma groaned loudly. "That doesn't mean ya take advantage of it!"

"You're one to talk, making jokes about sex before we even got together!"

"That's just what I do, okay?!"

At this point, you could barely breathe from how hard you were laughing. Oh boy, he was awkward when trying to be romantic, but you honestly couldn't get enough of it.

Once you calmed down, you pecked his cheek and gave him a hug, which all took him by surprise, but he quickly hugged you back. Myst made another noise of anger.

•×•×•×•

No one needed to say anything to notice that Guzma was acting a lot nicer than he usually is. You decided to let them figure it out on their own and sat down at the stairs to hang out with Myst. For some reason, they always got rather angry whenever you and Guzma tried being romantic or intimate, but you excused those tantrums as Myst just being angry at that idea of having to compete for your attention. You thought it was cute for the two to compete like that, so you didn't mind it.

Myst wasn't as happy as usual, but they still enjoyed spending some time with you. Since the two of you were quiet, you were able to hear what some of the grunts were talking about.

"What's up with the boss today?" you heard one ask. "He's acting like he just won the lottery!"

"Boss did say that he had an announcement to make later today, so maybe he did win the lottery!" another one said excitedly.