Ch. 3 - Warming Up

You always despised those situations where "it was love at first sight". You strongly believed that love had to be earned through connecting on levels that you can't get with anyone else, and that cases of supposed love at first sight was simply infatuation. A crush.

It's probably just a crush. It has to be.

•×•×•×•

The next day, you woke up to Myst right in your face. "You trying to spook me?" you asked, making Myst a bit happy. "Nah, you're too cute to be able to spook me."

You were feeling a lot better, but you knew you were still somewhat limited. Walking was a bit of a task, so running was out of the question. Regardless, you stepped out of the room and nearly crashed into someone.

"You the one Guzma told me about?" a female voice asked. After regaining your composure, you were able to see who this was. Same kind of outfit as the others, but so had four ponytails, two of them pink and two of them yellow.

She glanced to your forehead. "When's the last time your bandage was replaced?" she asked. "It's an entirely different color than how I last saw it."

You couldn't get a word in before she rather gently took your wrist and led you downstairs. "Boss told me your name's _____, am I right?" the girl asked.

"Y-Yea." you stuttered as you kept pulling on you.

"Name's Plumeria, probably already heard of me." she said a bit absentmindedly. She led you to what looked like a storage room and let go of your wrist so she could look for more bandaging.

"Boss told me that you're looking for a pokémon, yea?" she tried to make conversation while scrambling around to look for the bandages. "Mind telling me what it is?"

"Oh, uh..." you took a moment. "She's supposed to be an Eevee."

"What?" Plumeria looked up from the pile she was looking through. "Those things are easy to catch, why not just get another one?"

You couldn't answer. Plumeria didn't question any farther and went back to looking around. "We literally just had the bandages two days ago, how is it already this lost?!"

While Plumeria grumbled to herself, you felt a tug at your pants. You looked and knelt down to see Myst, who you weren't sure was with you the whole time or not. With their...hand, they removed the bloody bandages on your head.

"Hey, what are you-"

Within moments, you suddenly began to feel much better. It seems as though Myst used something to help heal you.

"Heal pulse."

You glanced over at Plumeria, who now had the bandage in her hand. "Looks like your buddy there knows how to use heal pulse. Not sure how a Mimikyu can do that, but whatever."

You looked back at Myst and smiled. "While it's not completely healed, it's definitely better than before." Plumeria explained as she approached you and cupped your face in her hands. "At the very most, all you need now is a secure bandaid."

Once getting that taken care of, Plumeria showed you to the kitchen. "It's not the best, but it's better than nothing." she commented. "Look, no one here expects fancy cuisine or anything like that, alright? Don't worry too much about it, they mostly just like malasadas. As long as you can make that and Tapu Coco for the boss, you'll be fine."

"Tapu Coco?"

"It's simple." Plumeria handed you a recipe that was sitting on the island counter. "For some reason, the boss can never do it himself, so he'll appreciate it if you learned how to make it."