Episode 2: And So It Begins

Before the party starts I feel like you guys should get to hear about this. So I'm writing this chapter of TIM and what song happens to come on? Strange Magic by ELO XD! Alright let the party begin!

   "Wait. Hold on, what do you mean you don't believe in magic? Then why are you here?" Oz was walking with me inside Doure. Which lets just take a minute to gush over how beautiful it really is in here because, Oh my god, I live for this. So lets explain the outside really fast, but lets be real it might not be fast. So what you have is this little island that's flat enough you can see were the island ends from all sides. Now in the very center is this cylinder shaped tower made of all different kinds of doors that reaches up passed the clouds, so who's to say how tall it really is. There was a rumor once that the tower grows by gaining more doors. I call bull but believe whatever you want. There's only one way in, through the main door which is like ten feet tall, plus double french doors, and my favorite part, stained glass. The glass isn't in any detail to be a clear picture but there's so much color and intricate line work in the design.

   Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, the inside, which by the way looks totally bigger inside than it does outside. Also it looks totally different and by that I mean when you see a cylinder tower made out of doors you don't expect to walk in and everything looks elegant. Its like a Victorian mansion with floor to ceiling windows, the ceiling kind of never ends really, light greens in the carpeting on the stairs and in the windows of the other doors. The floors and walls are a nice cherry wood. In front of me there's two sets of stairs that meet at an open balcony with a staircase circling the wall and windows all the way up, occasional doors fallowing the staircase leading to classrooms and offices. There's a bunch of students bustling about, but it doesn't distract from the beauty of this place. Really makes you think its an elite school for sure.

   The doors on the first level, which is where I'm at, are by both ends of the stairs that lead to different offices. Under the balcony there's a counter like area that reads Front Desk. I imagine that's probably what I'm looking for. Ignoring Oz asking his ridiculous questions, I make my way over to the nice looking lady instead of the wicked witch of the west next to her. Oz followed right behind me, I could practically feel the guy breathing down my neck.

   "Hello youngin, you must be new. How can I help you?" Oh I knew I was gonna like Glenda the good witch. She has the same southern drawl as my Nan, I should send her a letter next time I get the chance.

   I gave her my biggest smile because she just made my whole day a thousand times better. "Hi ma'am, I'm just wandering where a non mystic like myself would need to go." I said giving her a toothy grin. Oz gasped and spun me around but not before I saw the confusion on Glenda's face. I know so rude, who interrupts conversations like that?

   "What do you think your doing? You can't just walk in here and start saying things like that." Oz spoke with disbelief.

   "Well how else do you suppose am I going to get help, huh? I don't have magical powers, I don't even believe in magic. But somehow, I'm here, so tell me Oz, what do I do?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, waiting for his brilliant, know-it-all answer.

   "I didn't mean it like that. But honestly I don't think anyone would know how to deal with you. I mean you'd be useless here really. You even just said you can't do magic so whats the point if you don't even believe to top it off?" Oz sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Clearly he's had enough of me. Well trust me buddy, at this point, the feelings mutual. Who the hell tells people they're useless?

   The lady behind the counter cleared her throat. "That ain't no way to talk to a new comer Oz, and you know it. Y'all need to work together. I reckon you two could do some good to work together. Course that's the Headmasters decision but I'll be makin' a recommendation. Maybe while you're together you can work on gettin' along. Now youngin, you were given a key today. May I have that please? Its your student ID." She held her hand out with a smile. While I searched my pockets, Oz did his best to stop me.