Episode 7: Catching Sparks

So I could tell you in detail everything thats been happening in this "race" with Batty and I. But it would put you to sleep before we even started. Right now I'm on top of a ten foot crystal hoping I don't fall to my death, as I try to jump to the next crystal to get to Batty. Was this a bad idea? Is this not safe? Am I still doing it? Yes, yes I am.

   So jumping from the crystal I was onto the one in front of me, if it helps you to know that the crystals look more like giant pedestals, then now you know. I didn't really make the landing. My hands caught the edge which sent a weird electric current through my whole body that almost caused me to fall from the unexpectedness of it. Unfortunately I'm not a magic user so I can't just cast something and be fine.

   The second I thought that the current came back. I tried to catch myself but I missed the edge and began to fall. Dear Nan, I'm dead please wish me luck in the afterlife. Your purple boy, Pit.

   I waited for the pain, for anything really, but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw with amazement that Batty was under me keeping me up while slowly setting me down on the floor. When I landed I still felt a little tingly. Laughing I began to speak, "Wow what a-" Then the current went through me again blinding my vision with pain. I felt like every part of me was about to explode. I felt my body convulsing on the floor till my vision went dark and I passed out.

   When I started to come to I felt so heavy with exhaustion. Looking around I noticed I was in a bed in a room that looks like the infirmary, if the hospital looking beds aren't any indication. "Hey people eater. How you holding up?" I turned my head to see Strange sitting on the other bed next to me.

   "What happened?" I asked feeling sick to my stomach. "Am I gonna be purple forever? Is this some kind of karma, for a past life?" I asked with a groan as I covered my face.

   Strange stood up to sit on my bed on th edge. "Don't be so dramatic. Being purple isn't a bad thing. There's worse that could happen to you."

   "Oh my god, I am going to be purple forever." I said miserably. I'm sure there could be worse things, but those things aren't happening to me. This is, a life sentence of purple skin.

   "I didn't say that. Your not going to be purple forever. Batty decided, after you fell, that he would give me my pendant. I just can't do magic on you till you get better." She said patting my hand. There was a silence that felt heavy with unsaid things.

   I broke that silence to ask her what's been on my mind for a while. "How do know me by Pit? Only Nan calls me that." I asked and looked at her carefully. She sighed as she looked at the windowed ceiling.

   "Nan is my grandma too. Saturn Jones is my father, Alison Jupiter, your mother's brother." She looked at me with a big smile and stuck her hand out. "Nice to meet you cuz." She said with a grin. I took her hand in a daze. I didn't know I had an uncle. I didn't know I had any family except Nan, Mom, Mars and a dad that left.

   "By the way what happened to me after I passed out?" I realise I'm changing the subject but I don't have anything to say to that.

   Strange nodded knowing what I did. "You kind of exploded. I mean, not literally but lightning was just shooting out of you in every direction. I didn't know you were a Cyncet."