Chapter 5: My Chung Huwts

AOI

"Come on you two, we'll be late." Solis tried to shake the twins awake.

"Mrm..." Hiroko raised her arm and hit Solis on the head. "Snooze... button..."

"Ow." Solis groaned. "I'm not a snooze button..." 

"Silly Hiroko, we've got no time for snoozing now, we'll get in trouble." Usagi said. "Snooze... off!" She bonked Solis on the head again.

"Usagi, you too? Oww... Ah, look at the time!" She pointed to the clock. "We have less than two minutes to get to class!"

"Ms. K is g-gonna yell at us again!" Nebbia started freaking out. "I'm leaving." He ran out into the hall.

"He's right, why don't we just leave 'em here. They're not waking up so it's their fault anyways." Yoru grumbled. 

"No! We're a team now! No witch left behind! Rah, rah!" Usagi cheered.

"Let's just carry them. They're sure to wake up once we get there." I said. 

"I'll carry one!" Usagi raised her hand. "I'll help!" 

"Leave it to me, Usagi. I'll them carry them." I assured her. "I can't just stand by while you all try your best to carry them, I'll have you know I won eleventh place at my elementary track competition. And I'm also stronger than I look so it'd be best if you let me carry them. I can do it you know. You girls can just go ahead." I explained.

"Oh, okay. Actually, Solis and Yoru already went ahead. We're gonna be even later if you don't pick up the pace. No witch left behind!" I heard her call from the hallway. 

"They already left? Then I'll just... where're the twins?"

"Yoru took Hiroto and Solis took Hiroko. It was so cool when Solis used her magic to lift Hiroko into the air. And Yoru is super strong and fast. They should be almost halfway there by now."

"What? Already?" I pouted. "Okay...We'd better hurry up then." I ran past her through the halls. My sneakers squeaked as I turned the corner. Squeak squeak. I'll definitely catch up with them if I hurry.

"Aoi! Wait!" Usagi puffed. She was already way behind me. The Combat class is at the other end of the school, we'll never make it in time.

"Come on, let's go." I called.

"Never mind, Aoi. You run ahead, and I'll definitely catch up to you." She ran as fast as her short legs could carry her. 

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Mhm." She nodded, but tripped on her shoelace and nearly landed flat on her face. 

"Well... Y'know, I don't really mind being yelled at. So let's take our time getting there, okay?" I told her when she finally caught up to me. 

"I don't want you to be late because of me, but if you say it's fine... I don't mind either!" She giggled. Her smile is always so bright. Even after all of the years I've known her, that has never changed. 

We walked together to the combat room, and got scolded by our teacher.

"THIS IS THE LAST MANDATORY DAY OF CLASS! WHAT'RE YOU TWO DOING FOOLIN' AROUND IN THE HALLS? COMBAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING 'YEL EVER LEARN AT THIS SCHOOL. BLAH BLAH BLAH ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS ARE HERE ON TIME BLAH BLAH BLAH THESE DAMN YOUNG PEOPLE THING THEY CAN JUST COME INTO MY CLASS LATE BLAH BLAH YOU SHOULD BE MORE LIKE YORU BLAH BLAH!" She went on and on, but not for as long as I expected.

"Okay then, today's just practice. Find 'yer own spot and fight some dummies. One on one trainin' is allowed as long as ya don't hurt any other students. I hear 'yer first missions will be assigned ta ya today. Remember all I taught'cha, and good luck." 

I found a spot to practice and so did Usagi. We still have quite a bit of time left in the period, so it's time ta get practicin'!  Wait, is our teacher rubbing off on me...?

I am a painter type witch, so I like to summon things by drawing them. It's really easy.

I can't use a sword, guns scare me, staffs are bulky and flashy, my aim is too bad for arrows, spears are tedious, knives are only for super close range, throwing-knives are too hard to use, and I always hurt myself with bombs. 

I draw a squiggly line in the air, and reach into the drawing to pull out my whip. That's right, I just scribble a line and I'm good to go. How great is that? I kind of get picked on for it sometimes. The other students say whips are lame and girly, but it's the only weapon I'm comfortable with. I don't think whips are lame. And what about Indiana Jones? He's not lame or girly. 

My only other skill is called "puppet-master". I can draw things and manipulate them from a safe distance away. Super cool sounding, right?

"Aoi!" I hear someone calling me. "A-o-i! Guess who~?" 

"Usagi? Don't we have to practi--"

"WRO-NG ANSWER!" I turn around and instead of Usagi, I get a face full  of foot.

"AAAarrrgh... Wawathad fo'? Don' ropkick peole for 'o eaon!" That really hurt, and it made me bite my tongue so now I can't talk right. 

"You should be grateful. We just invented that new Double-Dragon-Dropkick move, and Hiroko thought we should give you the privilege of getting to experience it first." Hiroto smirked.

"So whaddaya think? Was it painful enough? Should we try to enhance it with magic maybe, or just do some more training..." Hiroko thought about it.

"Aoi, Aoi!" They chimed in unison. "Fight us!"

"Nyo! I'yont fwight ew! Weev be awome! Ow, my chung huwts... Go twaim wiff Yowoo o' humfing!" Owwwwww my tongue... Someday, I'll get strong enough to beat those two... and then I'll fight them and I'll win and they'll stop bothering me and I'll never get kicked and I'll never bite my tongue again.

"Train with Yoru?" They looked at each other. "That's not a bad idea. She's definitely stronger than little Aoi." 

The two of them skipped off over to Yoru. They're too violent for their own good, but that's how they've always been for as long as I've known them. I'm happy that they seem alright, though. When they moved into my neighborhood, my mom said to treat them nicely because they had gone through some hard times and may be scared of meeting new people. The way she explained it made it seem like they were fragile little kids, but they're really strong willed. Even though I hate them sometimes, they're kind of like little siblings to me.

"Dose chew riwy aw stwong..." I mumbled.