"Hear Me Out"

"What?" Clarke stammered, eyes widening at the size of the diamond and the fact a girl she barely knew was proposing to her. Not to mention that girl was a princess. What are the chances?

"Hear me out. I only have 3 months left to find a wife. I was just about to give up and marry my ex like my mom wanted me to when I saw you sitting in the park," Lexa smiled. “You were so beautiful and I got to thinking. If I have to get married, I'd rather be with someone I could be in love with than be with someone I love. It's like you said you'd be surprised how easy it is to mistake loving someone to being in love. Look me in the eye and tell me that you didn't feel anything when we met. That this wasn't supposed to happen," Lexa stated her motioning between the two of them.

"I can't," Clarke muttered. "All I know is that we met today and now you're asking me to marry you"

"Three months. Give me three months. You can meet my parents and I’ll meet yours. I'll woo you. You can even show me off to your exes and I'll just smile and nod. And if you change your mind at any point, I'll take the ring back. I didn't want to lie to you about my intentions if we were to last the three months and I know if I got to know you I couldn't let you go."

"This is insane."

"I know," Lexa pushed back the loose strands in front of her face, threading her fingers into the golden locks. "Just live in the moment with me."

*                                   *

"Is that a bed?" Clarke asked, exploring the inside of the private jet. "Holy shit," Lexa smiled, urging her forward.

"Usually, the fact that I'm a princess impresses people more than the jet does."

"That does too, but I can't prove that I kissed a princess," Clarke pulled out her phone, snapping a selfie. "However, I can prove I was on a private jet," Lexa grabbed her left hand.

"I think this ring proves that," Lexa responded, tapping the diamond.

"I haven't said yes."

"But you didn't say no and since I'm meeting your parents, I think I'm doing something right."

"No, you're meeting my friends and if they like you, you might get to meet my parents," That didn't wipe the smile off Lexa's face as she pulled the blonde down in her lap. "And I want to tell my friends all together so you should keep it until then."

*                                     *

"You're not supposed to be home for another two weeks. What are you doing here?" Octavia screeched, wrapping her arms around Clarke. Lexa had dropped Clarke off at her apartment right after they landed before heading to the nearest hotel to check in. She insisted that Lincoln, one of her guards, stay with her in case anything happened. Luckily, Octavia didn't see the man standing guard at the door. Clarke was glad, since her ex lived two floors down and Clarke wanted to avoid any awkward conversations. "Back to talk to Niylah? She loves you, Clarke."

"I know she does," Clarke sighed, sitting on the couch. "There's a reason I said no to her, O. I don't want to marry her. That's not why I came back. I don't think I'll be staying long," The brunette frowned.

"Why not?"

"It's complicated and I don't want to talk about that right now," Clarke answered. "I want you guys to meet someone. Can you call everyone?"

"Why can't you?"

"Because they'll ask questions," Octavia scrunched her face up. "Please. Don't tell them I'm here. I want them to be surprised."